Skip to content

Poisoned Arrow description issue

HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
edited March 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Current behaviour:
Eldoth's poison arrows (AROW14.itm) do not mention that there is a save associated with the poison damage. The also do not list the damage as Missile/Piercing unlike other similar arrows

"These are Eldoth's personal poisoned arrows. He learned how to use poison at a young age and can create enough venom for about 5 arrows per day. He is the only person who can safely handle these arrows.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6, +14 poison damage in 40 seconds
Damage type: Piercing
Launcher: Bow

Weight: 0"

Expected behaviour:
The save should be mentionned, aka

"These are Eldoth's personal poisoned arrows. He learned how to use poison at a young age and can create enough venom for about 5 arrows per day. He is the only person who can safely handle these arrows.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6, +14 poison damage in 40 seconds (Save vs. Poison for half/none/whatever the save is)
Damage type: Missile/Piercing
Launcher: Bow

Weight: 0
"
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    They actually do 20 points of poison damage (1 every 2 seconds for 40 seconds) and allow a save for none. Fixed.
  • DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    @Jalily it would be cool if every item that does poison damage had its description changed to say "X does Y damage *over* Z seconds".
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    The description says that they are useable by "neutral evil human bard". Does this mean any neutral evil human bard can use them or only Eldoth? What about a NE Human Skald?
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Actually, they should be usable only by Eldoth, as the description says. For these items, I think they should implemented a "Usable by" header, followed by the name of the character able to use the item.

@Jalily
    Perhaps do you know if this feature request has already been asked? Otherwise, I'll do it :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Aedan I've reported this as a bug because the Usable by header is wrong. Only Eldoth can use it, not NE human bards.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Awesome. Moved to BGEE Bugs until they fix it.