Skip to content

Uninstalling :(

I have decided to uninstall BGEE :(

Im over waiting for this buggy mess to be playable & feel like i've been taken advantage of by purchasing it as beamdog has not lived up to its promises.

Alot of people have complained about the unsatisfactory quality of the release & i ignored them hoping a patch should fix up the only small issue i was having at the time... but here we are 5 patches later & basic gameplay is bugged & im experiencing more problems then i was initially.

I am not a beta tester, i did not pay just to waste my time pointing out bugs in a inferior copy of a game i already own.

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Just checking, but I assume you did report the bugs that you ran across? Since the vast majority of people have actually been playing quite happily, it seems peculiar that you still suffer so.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I've hardly encountered any bugs at all, and none after the last patch. Kinda baffles me when I see posts like this after the game has been out a month.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    I feel like at this point either you do not meet the requirements for the game, or your video drivers aren't up to date.

The patches have had the game running smoothly for virtually 100% of the PC users who meet the requirements and have up to date drivers for a couple of weeks now.

Really curious about your specific issues and what's actually buggy to the point of you wanting to uninstall the most epic RPG ever

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    The game plays smooth. Some little bugs can't prevent your joy from it! The Devs cured major problems and right now it's lovely!
  • DebaserDebaser Member Posts: 669
    The only bug so far for me has been Boost of Speed granting haste...aside from a graphical error that was fixable the first night.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Still in chapter 5, thus far I have only encountered one minor bug. So minor that in fact I can't even remember what it was, though I did report it. The game has run virtually flawlessly.

That's on the computer upon which I can play the game.

On another computer and laptop with the Intel chipset, and, in the computer's case, NVIDIA graphics card? A total nightmare. Unplayable. If I didn't have the computer with AMD CPU and Radeon graphics card I would not be a happy camper.
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    So it's time for THIS kind of threads, huh?

No worries, every game forum has at least few posts like this.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    Uninstall it and come back in some months, when things will be better, mods might be working, etc etc.
  • SultanPSultanP Member Posts: 15
    @sandmanCCL I'm not sure he is being belittled, and if he is, it's not for being dissatisfied, but more for his useless way of telling us that he is. Telling us he is leaving does not help anyone, and just saying the game is a buggy mess but not saying what the bugs are doesn't help at all, either. And as Jalily said, the OP apparently hasn't done much of anything in the way of reporting the issues he had, meaning that Beamdog can't fix his problems, since he won't say what they are.

In short: He isn't being belittled for being dissatisfied, but for his way of expressing it.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    He is showing his dissatisfaction, venting a bit maybe, if he has had some serious trouble with the game then he may very well do so. It is frustrating when you have been looking forward to something and then it disappoints you.
    I also consider BGEE a bit of a let-down even though I have not encountered any serious bugs.
    edited December 2012
    I'm quite happy with what EE gives us. For me it was well worth $18:

- higher res native resolutions
    - the very nifty zoom feature
    - the three new NPCs (all winners in my book)
    - the new GUI.

And I even have grown to like the new graphic novel style movies. Although I want to see them improved to become a bit more dynamic. And I'd like to see all of them eventually put in.

I have yet to try the Black Pits, but I expect to enjoy it.

Moreover, I have high hopes for DLCs to come. Probably too high, lol. Here's my wish list:

I want to see banters! For the love of Mike, get WotC to sign off on a DLC mod that professionally brings BG:EE up to the standard of BG2 in this regard. I'm not even talking romances (which I don't care for anyway). Myself, I'd be happy with more of the type of stuff that was originally implemented for BG1 but is far and few between (inter-personal conflicts, flirts/reactions, friendships). And they should be voice-acted!

Again: referring here to relationships between NPCs. To what extent the PC might influence them is a dimension to be considered.

I can barely code my way out of a wet paper bag. So using DLTCEP is daunting for me. Yes, I can knuckle down and learn it all, in theory, but I have a very busy life. An official toolset of some sort with some ready-made scripting routines (select from a library) for non-coders to mod with would be the bees' knees.

More and more NPCs! Dorn, Neera, and Rasaad were all awesome (imo).
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    It looks like Benjamin is a one-time poster, here. Now, I am not trying to down-play someone's problems. I know from experience that sometimes, games just do not run correctly, due to a number of issues, and that it can strike someone for apparently no reason (though there is, of course, a reason).

But this
    Benjamin said:

Im over waiting for this buggy mess to be playable & feel like i've been taken advantage of by purchasing it as beamdog has not lived up to its promises.

Alot of people have complained about the unsatisfactory quality of the release & i ignored them hoping a patch should fix up the only small issue i was having at the time... but here we are 5 patches later & basic gameplay is bugged & im experiencing more problems then i was initially.

is full of hyperbole and half-truths. As far as I am personally concerned, Beamdog has lived up to it's promises, at least in my opinion (yes, it is actually an opinion that is stated here, not a fact).

Posting "alot of people" is also just misleading, because it alludes to many, but doesn't actually say that. If a group is made of 4, and 3 complain, then that is "alot", although when compared to hundreds, it is not.

I really fail to grasp why anyone would want to inform a forum that they are "uninstalling" a game.

Just do it.

Now, if one is unhappy, disappointed, yadda yadda yadda, then provide concrete, objective reasons why, based on facts. It is entirely possible that a forum community might be able to help one solve them.

• lummoxybezlummoxybez Member Posts: 33
    The OP has a point to some degree. I bought the iPad version and it is still buggy (although playable), and I'm a little disappointed it isn't fixed yet. Saying that this is Apple's fault is nonsense. More planning would've avoid this.
    The bugs I'm referring to have all been highlighted already, so I'm not going to flog a dead horse by repeating them.

Overall though, the team have done a great job, and I believe the PC version works very well. I would say to the OP just needs to update drivers and see if that helps - assuming he is on PC.

I really wanted to play BG over the holidays on my iPad, but I'll just have to wait till the updates are applied via Apple.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I've encountered one problem and that's Gullykin not showing up on the world map even though I've gone to all of the areas around it. No problems other than that.
  • SultanPSultanP Member Posts: 15
    @CoM_Solaufein
    Stupid (possibly insulting) question; but did you remember to leave the surrounding areas by going to the border leading towards Gullykin? :P
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Yes I tried all of the borders that surround Gullykin. Haven't tried the underground Firewine Bridge route yet.
  • AshendilAshendil Member Posts: 56
    How does it matter whether he is a one time poster or not? He seems to have had serious trouble with the game and he is fed up with it. Furthermore, it is also my perception (from what I have read here on the forum since release) that many people have or have had trouble with the game. What do you want? Statistics? Come on, be reasonable.
    I am not saying BG:EE is bad and I am certainly not going to uninstall it or ask for a refund, but there are issues and just as I don't think people should give the developers too hard a time I also don't think the problems should be marginalized.
    It is perfectly reasonable to give up on a game if all it gives you is trouble instead of entertainment and if someone is frustrated with such a situation then he may very well voice that frustration within reasonable limits.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Ashendil said:

How does it matter whether he is a one time poster or not? He seems to have had serious trouble with the game and he is fed up with it. Furthermore, it is also my perception (from what I have read here on the forum since release) that many people have or have had trouble with the game. What do you want? Statistics? Come on, be reasonable.
    I am not saying BG:EE is bad and I am certainly not going to uninstall it or ask for a refund, but there are issues and just as I don't think people should give the developers too hard a time I also don't think the problems should be marginalized.
    It is perfectly reasonable to give up on a game if all it gives you is trouble instead of entertainment and if someone is frustrated with such a situation then he may very well voice that frustration within reasonable limits.

Well, typically if someone is going to post about large numbers of bugs, one would expect them to have actually reported a few of said bugs, and then had them not resolved. In the case of someone with a single bug report in a single, completely optional part of the game that doesn't even grant a reward, people shall presumably be less sympathetic than they might otherwise, because if he's not reporting the multitude of bugs then he apparently expects the developers to have some powerful form of ESP.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    OP never said what he bought the game for

If he's trying to play it on PC either he doesn't meet the requirements or his drivers are out of date. Pretty simple to me..

If he bought the iPad version that's a different story.
  • baaddarebaaddare Member Posts: 145
    I have found the new version of the game quite satisfying myself. About the only real non playable bug I have heard of deals with intel chipped intergrated video systems but it is my understanding that most were able to to deal with that issue with the work arounds that beamdog posted
  • PinkRosePinkRose Member Posts: 102
    Can I have your loot?
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    No it's not perfect yet.

The "no comply to orders"bug SHALL be fixed as well as the failed AI scripts before we can consider this game to be an ok release.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    edited December 2012
    I don't believe it because I've never had these problems myself! Every single word is false.
    By the way, you can't be disappointed by new items and kits - it was just meant to be because it's an enhanced edition. If you don't like them just don't use them. And some missing words have nothing to do with the gameplay.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2012
    PinkRose said:

Can I have your loot?

You can have the loot. I'll take the BGEE supporter badge :p
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    @srvk

1) Lol

2) Are you serious?

3) Seriously?

4) Given the zoom feature I'm not seeing the issue

5) I played through the game as the archer kit of the ranger class and had this happen to me 0 times. Of course if this were to happen to me it would be a 0 issue, the second my ranged fighter started to walk up to an enemy my fingers would have hit spacebar and I would have clicked their bow and clicked the enemy.

6) Haven't dealt with traps much, what is this issue?

7) You have now succeeded in making sure I can't take the rest of the list seriously, but I might as well finish at this point. Seriously, that familiar was your go to for over powered? I can think of a few other things. New kits? How many new kits were there? Off the top of my head only Blackguard is new, and that is easily not the most overpowered kit. There aren't that many new magic items, especially given the fact that we have 3 new npcs with their own quest line areas.

8) I haven't had any problems with new npcs, so far what you said with Rasaad dying and breaking his quest seems like the only legitimate issue you've had. Did you try leaving the area and coming back? If not this wasn't game breaking.

9) LAWL. LAWL. LAWL. LAWL. LAWL. LAWL. LAWL. LAWL. See my response to 7. LAWL.

10) If this game freezes your computer I'm pretty sure you need to blame your computer. I know a ton of people were complaining about intel graphic issues blahblahblah or something, but that is what my laptop has and it never had an issue from day 1. I tend to keep my drivers updated though so...

I've beat the game 3 times and played halfway + through on 10+ characters and have had 0 game breaking incidents.

If you were trolling and / or being sarcastic, well played.
    I agree with @srvk that the lines missing from many NPCs is a noticeable omission and does need to be fixed. Has that been patched back in by now?
This discussion has been closed.