Skip to content

[Mod] Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE

Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE Version 1

Information:

Deidre and Joluv, the bonus merchants from Baldur's Gate2, make a stop in Baldur's Gate before they head to Amn. These merchants bring along their treasure trove of goods from the far off places they have visited. Their items are exotic, magical and expensive. What they sell is not for everyone's tastes along the Sword Coast. Their feelings won't be hurt if you don't buy from them.

Deidre is found in the Elfsong Tavern and Joluv can be found at the Sorcerous Sundries.

The items are the same items you find in Baldur's Gate 2 with the exception of Jerrod's Mace. It had a +5 vs demons but looking over the effects, the item had a non-existent wamacea.eff and wamaceb.eff reference that didn't exist in BG2. I removed that part of the mace so as not to cause possible crashing.

More information can be found here: http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=7815.0

Visit TeamBG for all of your modding needs. Mods for BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, BG:EE. We have a large source of tutorials on how to mod and modding tools!

We also host mods! Bring your BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, BG:EE mods to us. Free area on the message board and space to download your mod.

TeamBG http://www.teambg.org/ "Still Building Worlds"

http://teambg.info/ A site that takes you back into the history of IE modding.

Comments

• JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    Thank you :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    No problem. It's not everyone's cup of tea but a lot of people would like the addition.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

The items are the same items you find in Baldur's Gate 2 with the exception of Jerrod's Mace. It had a +5 vs demons but looking over the effects, the item had a non-existent wamacea.eff and wamaceb.eff reference that didn't exist in BG2. I removed that part of the mace so as not to cause possible crashing.

Missing effs won't crash your game. The references should be for damacea and damaceb--or you could let BG2FP fix it for you.
    A D instead of W? Those silly devs. I'll add that back in next release. Should be a help for those who are going up against Aec'Letec.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    any chance of weiduing this so it works on BGT as well as BGEE? For now at least, BGT is less buggy
    Consider it done. It was only a matter of renaming the area files. The TeamBG.CoM Community Updates topic will have a link for it.

any chance of weiduing this so it works on BGT as well as BGEE? For now at least, BGT is less buggy

• ArcticArctic Member Posts: 76
    Thanks for the mod ^^

Consider it done. It was only a matter of renaming the area files. The TeamBG.CoM Community Updates topic will have a link for it.

It won't mess them up when you (in BGT game) see these same merchants later?
    Come to think of it, I use their file names, .cre, .dlg, .sto. I'll take the download down for a moment to rename the files.
    Renamed the cre, dlg, sto files with an additional _ on their names so as to avoid conflict when you see them in Amn. Took out the items since they already exist in BGT. New file uploaded.
    @CoM_Solaufein I can't find Deidre in the Elfsong Tavern nor Joluv at the Sorcerous Sundries in BGT. I reinstalled just in case and same deal. I have your armor and weapon packs and they work great @ FAI. Nothing doing here in BG though.
  • MaxAraderMaxArader Member Posts: 17
    edited November 2013
    It's mod don't work at all. Well, in fact it's don't content essential for work "setup-wmart.tp2"...
    Fixed. Uploaded a new file.
    Thank you very much!
    Errr... Something really weird - it seems to me now it's has identical content with BGeeWv103?
    That is the mod for BGEE
  • smady3smady3 Member Posts: 48
    MaxArader said:

Errr... Something really weird - it seems to me now it's has identical content with BGeeWv103?

That is the mod for BGEE

I think what he is trying to say is that the BGeeWmart file contains the BGeeWv103 rather than the correct files.

Okay lets try this again. Uploaded with the correct files.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Why does every item pack for BG1 contains mostly overpowered items :(
    edited November 2013

Okay lets try this again. Uploaded with the correct files.

Thank you!

But now:

Copying and patching 1 file ...
    ERROR: error loading [wmart/cre/WMART1.CRE]
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Deidre and Joluv in BG:EE], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [wmart/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "wmart/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [wmart/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-WMART.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-WMART.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [wmart/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "wmart/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [wmart/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "wmart/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    NEERA/NEERA.TP2 0 0 Installed
    NEERA/NEERA.TP2 0 4 Installed
    SETUP-BGEEAR.TP2 0 0 Installed
    SETUP-BGEEW.TP2 0 0 Installed
    ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "wmart/cre/WMART1.CRE")

OMG I'm going crazy. Change the folder name from setup-wmart to wmart.

OMG I'm going crazy. Change the folder name from setup-wmart to wmart.

Thank you again!

• DanathionDanathion Member Posts: 173
    @CoM_Solaufein: Would it be possible to update this mod using the BG2EE items, for consistency? Thanks! :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Does this mod work with BGEE 1.3?
    It should.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    Does this mod still work with the latest BGEE patch with SoD installed as well?
    @kaitek before adding mods to your SOD game, if you have steam or gog install you must run modmerge first.
  • KaitekKaitek Member Posts: 43
    I'll take that as a yes! Thanks, I know already about modmerge.
  • khaymancaskhaymancas Member Posts: 1
    So now after a reinstall of BG:EE they dialog is all randomized. Getting lines from other places in the game.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

So now after a reinstall of BG:EE they dialog is all randomized. Getting lines from other places in the game.

Did you have SoD?

If so, did you used modmerger first?