Skip to content

How many new NPCs do you want in BG2 EE

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. How many new NPCs do you want in BG2 EE147 votes
    1. Less than 5
      61.90%
    2. Between 6 & 10
      23.81%
    3. Between 11 & 15
        2.72%
    4. Between 16 & 20
        6.80%
    5. None
        4.76%

Comments

• gokkegokke Member Posts: 46
    a new thief thats about it rather they work on my story / talking for current npcs ! :)
  • BlackIvoryBlackIvory Member Posts: 75
    I would love to see a lot of new NPCs but I think thats a bit unrealistic, especially if we want them well written, maybe 2 or 3 more tops in addition to the 3 news ones from BGEE now would be more than enough
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Five would be a good number. The three from BG1, the thief and another. Better to have quality over quantity.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Less than 5 or 5 seems about right
    would like to see an evil thief ( any race )
    2 NPCs from the short races ( Gnome , Dwarf , Halfing )
    A romancablable NPC from one the Short Races
    That can only be romance by a PC that is one of the short races
    maybe bring back the 3 new NPCs that have been added to BG1: EE
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, 5 sounds about right. The 3 from BG:EE, and for the others the short races are rather under-represented so far, so I suggest a TN Halfling Thief and a LN Dwarf Barbarian.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    We already have 3 new from BG1, so less than 5 sounds reasonable
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    edited December 2012
    Another NPC? Just flesh out the new ones, and focus on new features. By NPC, you mean the party members, right? Option B to D wouldn't and shouldn't happen...unless they would want lifeless NPCs - the opposite of what BG2 is famous for...or unless they wouldn't want to add any other features and put most of the effort on having new NPCs - which would suck big time since it would be the opposite of what BG2:EE promises. I think the poll would just boil down to option A and E.

EDIT: oops..I missed the part when you said the 3 new NPCs would count towards the total...I should have had chosen option A then. I can't change my vote in this forum, can I?
    Post edited by Illustair on
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    BG2 is already a bit smaller game than the first, what with the almost total lack of wilderness zones, so it couldn't really fit in that many new characters anyway. I could still use a few more, I suppose.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    5 would be great in my opinion. We will already get a Monk, Mage and a fallen Paladin. An additional Swashbuckler and Undead Hunter could be great both for story and game play imo.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    With the new npcs, I had to vote for 6-10 but just 6 in total (with r,d,n). One new good, neutral and evil npc added.
  • Michael24710Michael24710 Member Posts: 12
    I would much prefer to have a few done well with lots of depth and personal quests than loads done poorly.
  • I'd love an aditional three new ones though I be happy to wait for them to come as DLC's later on.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Chow said:

BG2 is already a bit smaller game than the first, what with the almost total lack of wilderness zones, so it couldn't really fit in that many new characters anyway. I could still use a few more, I suppose.

For the sake of clarity to new players, let's make it clear that BG2 is actually bigger as a game, even if it has a little less geography to explore. Yes, a few more wilderness areas to explore between the major locations on the mainland might be worthwhile, especially if they included a couple of (minor) sidequests.

I really see no problem about fitting in new characters. Currently there's no-one recruitable in Brynnlaw, for example ... although maybe that's a little too late to meet a brand-new character. There's only a couple of recruitables in Trademeet, there could easily be another one or two there. There's currently no-one to recruit in the Windspear Hills, plenty of room there. Or it'd feel appropriate to have a recruitable character staying in the Umar Inn. And so on.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Quality over quantity please! And an evil thief (Assassin perhaps?)
  • KhyronKhyron Member Posts: 627
    A few new ones would be nice. However, a fighter who can be dualed to thief (or already is, or multiclassed) would be preferrable. One of good or neutral alignment.. Yeah yeah, i know, evil doing PC's has few friends but i dont care.. Chances are if you are evil, no one wants to be your friend anyway :P

Also make it a romancable female woman.. Im sorta tired of elfy ones.. Who carry an orc-load of baggage.. And is in constant need of being petted, told they are beautiful, smart or of value. A little less *tug-sleeve* would be good.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited December 2012
    As least as many total NPCs as BG1 had. (and fix Yoshi's storyline dammit!?), and a bit more variety in the evil department...there's a rather annoying lack of people over in the deep-end of the alignment pool.

Yes, a human female romancee, or hell, a shorty or two. Bhaal didn't discriminate, and neither should you.
    Post edited by ZanathKariashi on
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I was hoping for three new NPCs in BG2EE, so I voted in the 6-10 bracket.

I'd just as soon see new content that isn't necessarily part of the new NPCs, though. If they keep the three newbies from BGEE and give them expansive quests and stories, that's enough for me. Maybe implement some of the Unfinished Business mod, too? I've heard of, but not played, a quest cut from the final version of SoA concerning Boo being stolen, and it seems like an injustice that an NPC as widely known as Minsc doesn't have his own quest.
  • HeliasHelias Member Posts: 112
    Just a decent thief or two would be nice. I'd love Coran to be available.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Moar npcs!!!

Yes there are fewer evil npcs, but they are all worth bringing along.

I want more pure classes, especially a good or neutral thief.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    As with most others, as long as I get the thief character I am good. I actually usually go with a thief class for my PC just because I hate that your only options are two characters who DC'd to mage from thief, a guy who betrays you, or a MC'd gnome. I'd just like a thief, specialized or not, to help me for my non-thief PC playthroughs.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I'd like to see the three new NPCs from BG1. And an evil Thief of some sort. Maybe they can get rights to use "Tandem the Spoony" hehehe~
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Instead of NPCs, I wish for a new quest/area/stronghold for the blackguard/ (possibly) evil ranger.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    I would like to see the three new NPCs from BG1:EE and a couple of new one's. Maybe even some of the old NPCs from BG1 that didn't make it to the original BG2 would be nice.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would prefer new quests and lots of banter/npc interaction
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    edited December 2012
    1) A Good thief.
    2) An Evil thief.
    3) A Good cleric.
    4) A Good mage or sorcerer.
    5) A Neutral tank type.
    All single class.

6) A changeling.

Plus some more original NPC that have a particular twist (not just "human warrior" or "elven ranger", but some more interesting combination of special races, kits, etc...).

And of course: Neera, Dorn and Rasaad.

PS: returning BG:EE NPCs would be well accepted, too (Alora, Branwen, Shar-Teel, etc...).
  • CribbianCribbian Member Posts: 19
    1 or 2 would be enough
  • SarnindSarnind Member Posts: 256
    edited December 2012
    I prefer a lots of quests then news npc
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    What I'd like to see are PSIONICS! And of course also an female CE Duerger Psychic Warrior.
    It's been far too long since we saw playable psionics in D&D cRPG's.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    edited December 2012
    Do we really need *more* good npc's?

Here's my wishlist
    Good monk (Rasaad)
    Neutral swashbuckler thief (high wisdom so he can dual-class to cleric)
    Neutral wildmage (Neera)
    Evil shadow druid (new kit?)
    Evil blackguard (Dorn)
    Evil skald (pure evil parties are easily fighter-heavy with Korgan, Dorn and Sarevok)
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I would add a lot of banter and quests and fun things instead of numbers. Perhaps a good sorcerer and a evil thief-type in addition the the three new we already have.