Skip to content

[BUG] Calculated THACO penalty when adding Bullets to quiver on unarmed party members

TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
edited December 2012 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Current Behavior
I added bullets to Jaheira's quiver when she was unarmed for space management, however, I happen to notice her THACO was calculating a penalty and went up to 22 with her Fists on both the Inventory & Record screens.
Interestingly enough, it corrects itself if you pick up anything in your inventory so I'm sure it's just a cosmetic penalty.
Also, it seems to only be bullets that do this, as adding arrows to the quiver of an unarmed party member doesn't change the calculated THACO.

Expected Behavior
Calculated THACO should be correct when adding bullets to a quiver of an unarmed party member just as arrows are calculated correctly.

Here's a couple of screenshots; a before & after to show the miscalculation.

Post edited by TheCoffeeGod on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    I think that thac0 calculator has many issues associated with it. I have seen quite a few complaints about it here and I don't even pay that much attention to the bug reports other than the ones I make. I myself have noticed that it doesn't take much to bust it.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    This one doesn't seem as bad as the others though, as this auto-corrects if you pick up anything in the inventory and seems relatively harmless and purely cosmetic in actual combat.

Though it did make me cock my head and go WTF! when I noticed it.

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
    I reproduced this and the Character Record THAC0 stays the same, even though the Window says otherwise. It must be a glitch in the new THAC0 window.

That said, I wish penalties or bonuses to THAC0 were shown with a - or + rather than just saying "To hit: 2"