Skip to content

Mod Request - NPC Addition, I would pay for this

2»

Comments

• SagothSagoth Member Posts: 17
    edited January 2013
    @nptitim I had the same problem when i installed mod from 00766. My advice would be to put torat files in the baldur's gate root dir (...\Baldurs Gate - enhanced edition\) and install it from there.

So Torat mod will be installed in the default override dir (...\Baldurs Gate - enhanced edition\override).

This is the only way I made it work as it should. If i install it from 00766 it always ends up missing something, for example instead of hellhound kit it uses default fighter kit, or missing special abilities, etc. The only thing now not working for me is the paperdoll. I don't know why, i checked it via near infinity and it clearly states it's using wolf_vampire paperdoll and anims, mistery for me :)

Post edited by Sagoth on
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    edited January 2013
    @Sagoth interesting point, I will look into why this is the case, thanks for the info. I have always installed from 00766 and had no problems, however we may have our hardlinking set up differently, because my default BGEE folder doesnt have a chitin.key for weidu to use, so it has to go in 00766, weird stuff.

Also with the paperdoll I just don't think it exists in bgee I could use normal wolf to give him a paperdoll but then Torat would be grey rather than red.
    Post edited by Requiem on
    edited January 2013
    @Requiem No, no, no... vampire wolf is perfect for me, i really don't mind that it's missing a paperdoll :) I would change a few things thou. I would limit his armor usage to light armors only, disable cloak slot and set his default strength to 16 and dexterity to 15 (this way he will be usable in bgee as good dps and to make him stronger you must shuffle points from tome between str, con and dex so he wont be unstoppable power house in bg2ee).

Also the way Training tome increases his stats can be abused(potions and spells), because it adds points increased by Training tome.

For an example if i level Torat to lvl6(+3 points to stats) and put all points to his strength he will have str17. If i drink potion of strength (sets your STR to 18) torat will instead of STR 18 have 18 + 3 = str 21.

But all this is avoidable and easy to limit for me in the game itself (won't equip cloaks or give him medium or heavy armors) :)
    Post edited by Sagoth on
  • nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    @Requiem - I tried to delete all hellhound stuff and reinstall. When I reinstall v0.33 I get the same error I got before - something about 26 lines and there are only 23 or something like that and then the install is not successful.
  • CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    @Requiem - I too seem to be getting the same error as @nptitim. Here is the actual debug error;

[./override/25STWEAP.2DA] loaded, 29154 bytes
    Cannot set column-wise because there are 26 lines in 25STWEAP.2DA but I was only given 23 things to append
    Stopping installation because of error.

I have quite a few mods already loaded (to include your awesome Kitpack), perhaps it is conflicting with one of the other mods?

This would be a fun run mod for a Blackgaurd run through.

Thanks for all your work!!
    edited January 2013
    @corsymyr @nptitim that error is entirely due to me and an error i made with my kitpack a while ago, i accidentally pressed enter when typing out part the install script, and it added extra lines to 25stweap.2da which shouldn't be there, and therefore cause problems. The latest version of my kitpack gets rid of any extra lines.

To fix the problem
    It is easy enough to fix, go into your override folder, delete the file 25stweap.2da and reinstall all your mods, this should fix it. Make sure you are using the latest version of my kitpack and torat when reinstalling for this.

Sorry for the messing around, silly error on my part and i apologise for causing any of you trouble, but at least it can be fixed. Let me know when you get it sorted.

@sagoth I will look into that, always get these awkward bugs before v1.0 lol, hopefully it can be sorted, thanks for the feedback, i'm pretty keen to eliminate any obvious problems.
  • CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    @requiem - confirmed as working. Great job once again!
    @corsymyr i will put this fix on the front page for torat and kitpack mods for anyone else who is having problems, glad it is working, should be releasing a new version shortly which addresses a few issues.
    @nptitim @sargtoth @corsymyr new version released, you can find it on page 1, I have updated the link and included it below:
    Requiem said:

V0.34 - 12/1/2013

Fixed an exploit where stat increases stacked cumulatively with spells and potions.
    May now only wear up to studded leather armour.
    Fixed some typos.
    Hopefully fixed a bug where weapons disappear.

--------------------------------------Common Issues--------------------------

Some people have reported that they have an install issue where weidu say it needs 26 things to append to 25STWEAP.2da but has only been given 23 things. This is due to an error I made with my kitpack mod which has since been fixed, but to solve this problem permanently just follow the steps below.

1. Delete the 25stweap.2da file from your override folder.
    2. Reinstall the most recent versions of the BGEE Kitpack and Torat mods
    3. Enjoy your game

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can find Torat just behind the wall opposite to where you start in candlekeep (in the gardens). I have included the portraits in a seperate zip, there is information on the forum about how to get them working.

http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/30809636/file.html - The actual NPC mod files v0.34

http://www29.zippyshare.com/v/83949349/file.html - The portraits

Give it a go and see what you think.

@Requiem Great job! Everything works fine.

Maybe in the next update disable cloak slot with a paw and add a few more abilities. For example at lvl 8 Howl of Terror (like Horror spell) 1/day, at lvl 12 Demoralizing Howl (like Doom spell but scales at lvl14 to -4 and at lvl 18 to -6, hmm dunno if this is op) 2/day and at lvl 16 ability to paralyze 1 target for 4 rounds 1/day? :)
    @Requiem - unfortunately the glitch with Torat's bite is still there. I am not sure how it works. I restarted and for a while it worked okay, I was watching it very closely. I think if he is following his auto script it works fine but once you actually click on Torat and then tell him to attack something specific a fist icon appears as he is attacking and then he has switched to fists. Once he does that there doesn't appear to be a way to turn back on his bite. Maybe you can make a button for bite or fists so one can tally back and forth? Just a thought. Thanks for any help
    edited January 2013
    @nptitim I will look into this, its awkward because the bg2 engine was never designed to force you to have a single weapon at all times, I will do my best to sort it out though
    edited January 2013
    @nptitim I think I may have this sorted, a script should ensure that Torat's weapons are constantly equipped, when the script forces Torat to re-equip his weapons he will say "Torat growls and bares his fangs, he is ready for a fight...". Hopefully this should ensure that his weapon is never unavailable for more than a split second, i've tested it a bit and it seems to work well. The link is below.

http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/56415289/file.html
    Post edited by Requiem on
    @Requiem- it works, you rock! Thank you very much