Skip to content

Kagain HP Regeneration

I've noticed on two separate occasions now that sometimes during area transitions (i.e. an interior to an exterior location on the same map) Kagain will fully recover his health. I was in the firewine dungeon, he was at about 10 HP, after walking up to the surface he was unharmed.

Current Behavior: HP recovers to full after area transitions
Expected Behavior: HP regenerates at his normal rate

Comments

• bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited January 2013
    Even though a fast majority of the D&D rules were implemented correctly, regeneration, for some unknown reason, was not.

Read my post here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7354/should-consitution-regeneration-be-fixed/p1

Basically what's happening is that during normal gameplay regeneration uses real time, but in transit it uses in game time. So, in game time is 10x faster than real time, then regeneration is compounded again on top of that another 6x.

That said, even though you are traveling between two area's, many hours in game are passing. When you consider what I pointed out above, enough time passes to fully regenerate.

The chance of this being changed (fixed) is highly unlikely.

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Even though a fast majority of the D&D rules were implemented correctly, regeneration, for some unknown reason, was not.

Read my post here:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7354/should-consitution-regeneration-be-fixed/p1

Basically what's happening is that during normal gameplay regeneration uses real time, but in transit it uses in game time. So, in game time is 10x faster than real time, then regeneration is compounded again on top of that another 6x.

That said, even though you are traveling between two area's, many hours in game are passing. When you consider what I pointed out above, enough time passes to fully regenerate.

The chance of this being changed (fixed) is highly unlikely.

Based on what the OP says, he's regenerating all his HP even on area transitions where no in-game time passes, such as exiting a dungeon. That would be a bug.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

I've noticed on two separate occasions now that sometimes during area transitions (i.e. an interior to an exterior location on the same map) Kagain will fully recover his health. I was in the firewine dungeon, he was at about 10 HP, after walking up to the surface he was unharmed.

Current Behavior: HP recovers to full after area transitions
    Expected Behavior: HP regenerates at his normal rate

I'm unable to replicate. I brought Kagain down to 9 HP and moved him in and out of the various Firewine dungeon entrances and didn't see anything. Could you provide any more detail?

• RiolathelRiolathel Member Posts: 330
    yeah. I have used kagain twice and have never seen this happen
  • AntignitionAntignition Member Posts: 23
    I honestly have no idea how to replicate it. For instance, I had just had him revived at the temple in Beregost and realized he was sitting at full health. Reloaded twice and did the same thing and it worked correctly.

I'll play with it a bit more, if nothing else so I know I'm not losing my mind here.
  • LirikLirik Member Posts: 4
    This happed with me too, but seem kind of random. Not sure how to replicate it.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,265
    I wonder... did you reload at all during this event? I am currently having trouble with my main character regenerating HP fully on a reload. I don't think he should be regenerating... and why only on reload?
    *goes to make bug report*
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    the claw of kazgaroth dropping your CON by 2 points, causes HP healing on reloads, dont know if they fixed that in bgee though
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    sarevok57 said:

the claw of kazgaroth dropping your CON by 2 points, causes HP healing on reloads, dont know if they fixed that in bgee though

Injured main character, equipped Claw of Kazgaroth, saved, reloaded, no HP change. Injury remains... perhaps issue has been fixed?