Skip to content

How did I die now?

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
This is a feature that I think a lot of us would probably like to see added to BG:EE. When the main character dies the death movie immediately pops up and once that is over the load/quit option appears. The part about this that can be very frustrating is that you can no longer access the console to see how you died. I am often caught off guard when I die and begin to think to myself: "What the heck just happened?!" It would be very nice if we could access the console to see what exactly happened to cause the character's death. I'm sure that it would be much appreciated if this feature were added in a future patch and in BG2:EE as well.

Knowledge, used wisely, is the most powerful of tools!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    You got eaten by a grue
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I agree, though I'm not sure what you do mean by 'the console'. I'd like it if you don't have to press CTRL-Space, but can see the dialogue screen still after CHARNAME dies. Or do you imply the same thing? Also known as combat log.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    @Son_of_Imoen I was referring to the log. I think of it as "the console" for some reason. All I really want is the ability to scroll up and down on the log to see what happened to contribute to my death.