Skip to content

Gauntlets of Ogre Power usable by Bards - Supposedly

ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
I haven't experienced this bug myself, but apparently some people are reporting that Bards can equip the gauntlets of ogre power. I've checked in my own game, and they're properly restricted, so i don't know if it's due to a mod or something the rest are using, but it's hard to work out class discussions when everybody is on a different page.

The gauntlets have always been unusable to Bards, even during BG1 and BG2.
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2013
    They should be usable by bards. They were not usable in the original BG due to a bug. The senior designer for the originals, David Gaider, said that they should have been usable by bards in those games. I an glad they fixed this. I don't know why your bard cant wear them though.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Unlikely. They said the same thing about R/C getting full druid spell casting, but that hasn't been fixed yet. BG1, TotSC, BG2, ToB, even the semi-official mods, the fix or tweak packs....Bards can't use the gauntlets. And given how easy a fix it would be, I just don't see that argument..I mean hell..you can't even argue it's trying to be like PnP since ANYONE can wear the gauntlets in PnP...it even uses a thief as an example in the description for it's effects.

I've checked all versions in NI, the item file hasn't changed at all from BG2 to EE..and the only difference is in BG1 is that the kit usage lines are blank, since they didn't exist.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    They are usable by bards in ToB, and in BGEE. I think this is fine.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

Unlikely. They said the same thing about R/C getting full druid spell casting, but that hasn't been fixed yet. BG1, TotSC, BG2, ToB, even the semi-official mods, the fix or tweak packs....Bards can't use the gauntlets. And given how easy a fix it would be, I just don't see that argument..I mean hell..you can't even argue it's trying to be like PnP since ANYONE can wear the gauntlets in PnP...it even uses a thief as an example in the description for it's effects.

I've checked all versions in NI, the item file hasn't changed at all from BG2 to EE..and the only difference is in BG1 is that the kit usage lines are blank, since they didn't exist.

BG2 Fixpack makes them usable by bards.