Skip to content

Melicamp

griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
After returning Melicamp in human form, he still clucks.
This is an original BG1 bug.

Expected behavior: Melicamp doesn't cluck after trasformation in human form

Current behavior: Melicamp still clucks in human form
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2013
    I think it is kinda funny. Think of it as a side effect of being a chicken for so long. He is now Melicamp the chicken whisperer.
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70
    Well, whether it's intentional or an unintentional bug, I've always enjoyed his clucking and thought it an aftereffect. Like @Tresset says... it's funny. I hope it's left alone. :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This was already reported and consider it as an easter egg :D
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    Ok I admit it's more entertaining in this way! HOWEVER... I just found that I can kill Melicamp and Thalantyr stays neutral. This is a bug
  • JTMJTM Member Posts: 70

Ok I admit it's more entertaining in this way! HOWEVER... I just found that I can kill Melicamp and Thalantyr stays neutral. This is a bug

Perhaps... I couldn't answer for the game designers what Thalantyr's expected reaction should be. However, it's important to consider that Thalantyr is relatively indifferent to most of the people and society around him and wants to be left alone. It took enough persuasion just to get him to help you with Melicamp in the first place. Imo, his indifferent attitude toward Melicamp's fate is well inline with his normal behavior and outlook...
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, i think we should let (other) modders do something too :) Too much added content to the original story might trigger some alarm. We try to 'restore' only things where there is at least some slim evidence what the original developers intended (stray strings in the tlk table, unused art assets, etc).
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    As you want. But I'm not agree: Thalantyr now attacks my party if I attack his Golems (is an addiction of EE) why is not possible to do the same if I attack Melicamp?