Skip to content

Archer weapon proficiencies

2»

Comments

• Fair enough. If you don't regularly use haste and don't ammo stack, then Tuigan takes the lead again (assuming BGEE grandmastery and no gauntlets of extraordinary specialization).
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    nope ammo stacking wouldn't work nonetheless :) And never used it any way...(kinda: fix/tweakpack/atweaks/SCSII/tobex/tactics currently running in a specific order and left out sub-mods which do interfere)

[and I do use haste ^^ but I take that spell lightly and only for trash-encounter]

Despite that, arguing about which weapon is the best - even with a spreadsheet - doesn't work in a RPG game. There are too many factors counting in, it's too situational and in a long term, weapons with high to-hit (=what it can hit) just rule.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Thank you @Kaigen @valky

I don't know if you made it any easier for me to choose though ;)

One more thing regarding what you can hit with a bow: if you're f.e. using a bow +2 with +1 arrows can you hit an enemy that requires
    A) +1 to hit (arrows)
    B) +2 to hit (the bow)
    C) +3 to hit (both combined)?
  • I'm fairly sure it is A. This is part of why Gesen/Firetooth are popular, since their magically created ammo count as a high plus for beating immunity.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    Unless the launcher generates it's own ammo (Firetooth (X-bow), Gesen's bow, Tasheron's Bow, Sling of Everard), it's the enchantment level of the ammo that determines if it can hit a target or not.