Skip to content

Haste spell bugged after the recent patch

3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
The haste spell should provide an extra attack for everybody, like clearly stated in it's description.

That extra attack is missing for ranged weapons after the new patch.

And extra attacks generally for ranged attacks are also missing after the new patch.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14556/ranged-weapon-prof-and-extra-attacks-bugged#latest

I should never have bought this game at release date.

Should have waited 6+ months.

What a piece of bug infested crap. Even buggier than BG were in early 1999.

Post edited by Cuv on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Of course, you can't play without a haste spell, can you?) It's surely a game-breaking bug, isn't it?)
  • 3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
    You're stupid, that's not the point of this thread.

And it makes a HUGE difference by the way, no extra attacks for haste and bows means a LOT.
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    edited January 2013
    The haste spell should provide an extra attack for everybody, like clearly stated in its description.

That extra attack is present when using melee weapons, but missing when using ranged - - - after the new patch.

And extra attacks for ranged attacks generally are also missing after the new patch.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14556/ranged-weapon-prof-and-extra-attacks-bugged#latest

Post edited by 3leeTbger on
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Works normally for me. Are you using the haste spell, or paws of the cheetah? The boots were never supposed to give an extra attack, they did so because of a bug. The only issue I see is that the movement bonus from haste stacks with the paws, allowing a character to travel at 4x speed!
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    The Boots should certainly not give more attacks, but does the spell still do so? I do remember even in previous patches that the Haste spell only gave characters with 3/2 attacks 2 attacks (i.e. only 1/2 attacls more), instead of 5/2, though. What's the current situation for the Haste spell
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    Well, when my sorcerer casts it, it gives +1 attack to any whole number (i.e. 2 to 3, 1 to 2), but only +1/2 to anyone with a partial number (3/2 to 2, 5/2 to 3).
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    also, it doesn't fatigue my party anymore
    Wakukee said:

Well, when my sorcerer casts it, it gives +1 attack to any whole number (i.e. 2 to 3, 1 to 2), but only +1/2 to anyone with a partial number (3/2 to 2, 5/2 to 3).

The spell was doing this before the current patch, but yes it's a bug. Also isn't Haste meant to fatigue your party (it doesn't)?

• ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    mjs said:

I applied the patch today then cleared the spider den in second cloakwood area. Used a haste spell and everyone was definitely fatigued afterwards.

Can't say I paid attention to extra attacks per round though..

Elzarath said:

mjs said:

I applied the patch today then cleared the spider den in second cloakwood area. Used a haste spell and everyone was definitely fatigued afterwards.

Can't say I paid attention to extra attacks per round though..

We're they fatigued the moment the Haste Spell wore off, or might this have been ordinary fatigue after travelling etc.?
  • MathmickMathmick Member Posts: 326
    Fatigue still works from the Haste. This happened to me earlier today, definitely on this patch as I had the new character in my party. Not applied after the first haste but after the second (as per usual). This fight was almost immediately before a battle, haste applied before, and haste cast again after having worn off.
    Mathmick said:

Fatigue still works from the Haste. This happened to me earlier today, definitely on this patch as I had the new character in my party. Not applied after the first haste but after the second (as per usual). This fight was almost immediately before a battle, haste applied before, and haste cast again after having worn off.

So you only get fatigued after casting haste twice? Is this the expected behaviour from this spell?
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Yes. At least in the original BG2, this is how the spell behaved.

As for the OP... general aggressiveness, check. Insulting other forums members, check. We're off to a good start here.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i thought expected behaviour was fatigue after first haste spell wears off?
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    I have noticed that while Haste spells and potions do not increase for attacks per round on paper, hasted characters do have shorter personal initiative rounds, so they really attack faster than non-hasted characters. You can check this by setting auto-pause to end of round.
    edited January 2013
    ok ... ive checked that haste spell out more thoroughly ...

it DOES work properly with melee weapons ... they receive an extra attack .... but

it DOES NOT work properly with ranged weapons ... they dont receive an extra attack
    Post edited by 3leeTbger on
    Jace said:

I have noticed that while Haste spells and potions do not increase for attacks per round on paper,

The extra attacks did show on the character sheet, or at least they did before the patch, but characters with extra half attacks just had those rounded up e.g. 3/2 to 2
    Jace said:

hasted characters do have shorter personal initiative rounds, so they really attack faster than non-hasted characters. You can check this by setting auto-pause to end of round.

But I think they're meant to get more attacks per round, regardless of the length of the round

3leeTbger said:

it DOES work properly with meelee weapons ... they receive an extra attack .... but

it DOES NOT work properly with ranged weapons ... they dont receive an extra attack

The latter is perhaps connected with this?:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14559/ranged-weapon-prof-and-extra-attacks-bugged#latest
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Moving to bugs
    i investigated more and found :

haste spell provides an extra attack for meelee weapons .... just like it should

doesnt provide an extra attack for ranged weapons --- thats not right

it should provide an extra attack for all weapons

so the conlusion is :

the haste spell doesnt work properly after the january 15th patch .... an extra attack should be granted when using ALL weapons, not just meelee

please fix soon overhaul games ... cuz it sucks badly
  • elvis_minorelvis_minor Member Posts: 6
    Yes, there has been a problem with extra attacks missing from ranged weapons after the patch. Not just with the haste spell but all extra attacks seem to have been intentionally or unintentionally altered. Scroll down the front page a bit and you should see the topic.

But I think they're meant to get more attacks per round, regardless of the length of the round

Why? If a hasted guy's round lasts 4 seconds and a non-hasted guy's round last 6 seconds, and they both have 2 ApR listed, the hasted guy wins - because he executes 2 attacks every 4 seconds rather than 2 attacks every 6 seconds. The hasted guy already attacks 50% faster, or in other terms, he attacks once every 2 seconds OR (by simple multiplication) thrice every 6 seconds.

As you can see, 3 attacks per 6 seconds, compared 2 attacks per 6 seconds is exactly the benefit Haste gives in its description.

I hope I'm not talking bollocks here.
    3leeTbger said:

it DOES work properly with meelee weapons ... they receive an extra attack .... but

@3leeTbger -are the melee extra attacks from haste still problematic e.g. does a character with 3/2 base attacks only get 2 attacks under haste, instead of 5/2?
    Jace ... you have COMPLETELY misunderstood how it works

im not even gonna explain

haste spell is not working properly ... extra attack for ranged weapons is missing

end of story
    edited January 2013
    just checked ... yes .... people with 1½ attack in melee only gets 2 attacks with haste instead of 2½

melee 1 attack gets 2 attacks with haste

so it aint working properly.

but it all may be caused by, or linked to this bug in some way :

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14559/ranged-weapon-prof-and-extra-attacks-bugged#latest

edited January 2013
    3leeTbger said:

just checked ... yes .... people with 1½ attack in melee only gets 2 attacks with haste instead of 2½

melee 1 attack gets 2 attacks with haste

so it aint working properly.

but it all may be caused by, or linked to this bug in some way :

The problem with melee weapons only getting hasted from 3/2 attacks to 2 attacks pre-dates the ranged weapons issues with the current patch - BUT STILL NEEDS TO BE FIXED!
    Post edited by Oxford_Guy on
    Well, excuse me, but in my case, my record sheet doesn't credit hasted characters with an extra attack. Not melee, not ranged, not anything. It do however notice that I get faster personal initiative rounds (for melee only!) and I was simply suggesting that the haste benefit is currently given as is, but in a less-than-visible way.

But it seems that other people correctly get an extra attack per round recorded on their character sheet when hasted with a melee weapon. That's weird...
    Jace said:

Well, excuse me, but in my case, my record sheet doesn't credit hasted characters with an extra attack. Not melee, not ranged, not anything. It do however notice that I get faster personal initiative rounds (for melee only!) and I was simply suggesting that the haste benefit is currently given as is, but in a less-than-visible way.

But it seems that other people correctly get an extra attack per round recorded on their character sheet when hasted with a melee weapon. That's weird...

I get an extra attack for some melee users, but those with starting 3/2 attack, for example, only get an extra 1/2 attack, for two attacks total