Skip to content

How do I remove the level cap?

Hello guys!

I am very new to Baldurs Gate, and when I first started playing I was like, meh... this game sucks, but then I get into more and more and today I can say that it is the best RPG I have had the fortune to play yet. It was well worth the money I spent on it, I just needed time to realize how good it was.

I have Baldurs Gate: Enchanced Edition.

I am playing a fighter human, specialized on crossbows. very nice, I like it, however I plan to play a solo mage/thief for my second playthrough.
I would like to reach a very high standing of power, but as I read, the game limits me at a 161000 xp-cap.

Are there any ways to remove it? If yes, how?

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited January 2013
  • ZahelZahel Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much.
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    BTW a word of warning, if you do remove the level cap, it's not very fun to play IMHO, too easy
  • Dragonfolk2000Dragonfolk2000 Member Posts: 377
    Considering that I have explored every area outside of Baldur's Gate except for TOTSC areas and I haven't hit the cap I don't see how it wouldn't be very fun without the cap. In fact, in my original playthrough when I first got the game I never hit the cap.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    If you do absolutely every quest, do not farm for xp and have a full group you'll be around 30 to 40k above the normal cap at the end of the game. Hardly an extra level for everyone in your party. Not what I would call gamebreaking or not fun at all.

If you do just the main quests and few sidequests you won't even reach the cap at all.