Skip to content

Bonus Merchant Rebalancing

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
edited January 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
The user and all related content has been deleted.
  1. Bonus Merchant Rebalancing46 votes
    1. Yes. The location of some items should be changed to mix things up.
      30.43%
    2. No. It is fine as it is.
      45.65%
    3. All shall fall before the might of Boo!
      23.91%

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Roughtly speaking, I don't care for the most part. From objective point of view, some items they are selling are OK to buy, but some are too overpowered to apear in Shadows of Amn, to be honest.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    edited January 2013
    No, but perhaps up the price a bit. I like the fact that some of the good gear is in stores too and not only in dungeons. Makes gold actually worth having.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    It's unrealistic that beholders everywhere haven't pooled their gold to buy the Shield of Cheesuran and hide it in some deep dark hole.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I view many of those items as cheesy and overpowered, but they should be there purely as an option for players. They're hardly being forced on us. A price increase might make sense, though.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    They're the most expensive purchased items of each category...the Robe of Vecna is roughly 25% more expensive then robes of the archmagi are, and is only overpowered due to IA working differently then it's PnP version (Increases cast speed, not removing the 1 spell per round limit), and the game not enforcing the minimum of 1 cast time for spells (0 Cast speeds should not happen ever).

Shield of Cheese...I don't know..it's cripplingly overspecialized, but does effectively destroy beholders with ease, as long as they can't cast spells. On the other hand, Beholders are already cripplingly nerf'd compared to their PnP versions......so..it might be a touch overkill.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I want the bonus merchants to be included in the mod manager which I'm trying to convince them to put in the game to go with all the DLC which could be coming.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    The location is nice but I cannot ignore the fact that "All shall fall before the might of Boo!". Even Tiax who "Rules All".
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    The powerful items are unaffordable at the start! It's like... Look what I got for the monees you do not have... I laugh at your pitiful amount of xp AND gold... Hahaha! I spit in your pauper face *rrrgh putueew!* let me stare down my nose at you to fully appreciate your lowly ness... Is that a non-enchanted sword! What a rarity! Hahaha! I give you 5gp for it! I so generous... What I can have it for free?!? *arrgh splutter as pointy end of sword makes a magic appearance through merchants back*

I usually get into a mass fist fight that turns into a free for all... Ribald usually makes me stare at my hand as it dissolves... Anyway... Actually I take it back... Move the darn merchants they cause me pain!
    Who sells stuff to Ribald? He has the WORST sell prices of any merchant in the game.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Who sells stuff to Ribald? He has the WORST sell prices of any merchant in the game.

Huh, I never realized. I kinda figured different merchants had different buy/sell rates, but was too lazy to really compare them, so I usually ended up just selling to whichever merchant was most convenient.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Didnt know that either. I always thought that gnome merchant at the underdark that sells you the Freedom scrolls is the biggest ripoff in the game.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    @bbear the biggest rip off in the trilogy is a-hole who sells a stone2flesh scroll in nashkel carnival

i want the option to tell branwen and have her club him or something
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    They are fine except for the shield, it could be once per day, reflects 10 rays or something like that spell turning. If devs still feel the other items are too strong, increase the prices a bit.
    Could change it to have a 75% chance to deflect the rays (negate them), rather then 100% chance to reflect (shoot them back) them.
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Would be more fun to find things like Robe of Vecna, Shield of Balduran, etc. in the wild.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    How about you have to beat Irenicus who wears the Robe of Vecna? Also, he gets improved alacrity too.