Skip to content

Spiders in Spider Wood giving Disease AND Poison?

kheroskheros Member Posts: 13
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Is this intended? I get Diseased and Poisoned by Sword/Huge/Giant spiders in the spider wood area just north of Mutamin's Garden, the area with the three web traps.

Spiders should be poisonous only yes? :)
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Sounds like a bug to me, although I don't remember experiencing this in my game.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Not sure what the OP meant for disease, but Wraith Spiders (and there is at least one in that area) can temporarily decrease your Strength.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited January 2013
    When wraith spiders apply their effect the portrait icon that appears is "diseased". I would say you got hit by the wraith spider and the giant/huge spiders which is what caused this. Wraith spiders are pretty rare so I could see why this would cause some confusion. Wraith spiders are undead so that is why they disease rather than poison.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, we go with @Tresset's explanation.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Tresset said:

When wraith spiders apply their effect the portrait icon that appears is "diseased".

@Tresset

I wasn't sure about the icon, even after checking with NI. Thanks for confirming that the icon called "Nauseated (7)" in NI is actually the "diseased" one.
  • kheroskheros Member Posts: 13
    ok that makes sense, guess there was a wraith spider among them, I killed SO many spiders there :)
  • StarlilyStarlily Member Posts: 97
    Erg said:

Not sure what the OP meant for disease, but Wraith Spiders (and there is at least one in that area) can temporarily decrease your Strength.

Thank you for this post!! I just ran up against one in Peldvale searching for bandits at night (I know stupid). My mage (Imoen) st went down to 4! I've no idea, okay a little bit, what those extremly tiny icons in the portrits mean when something happens to you. I figured out the poison one pretty fast. :) I can just wait for Imoen to 'heal' and not waste a St. Potion. Phew!

Is there a list somewhere, even a link to a list of the various tine icons and what they mean? It would be real helpful I think.

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    If you pull up your character records screen, the icons will be there with some text explaining what they mean.