Skip to content

High Resolution Glitch

nemeyethnemeyeth Member Posts: 42
edited January 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
I want to play in high res, the game scales itself and I thought there will be no problem with that... unfortunately something like this happens: http://oi48.tinypic.com/35l4snq.jpg. A wild square frame appears and destroys the look of the ui :( Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
  • shtkckshtkck Member Posts: 22
    Ultra High Resolution is completely broken.I was told we are too niche of a crowd and to not expect a solution, and I dont expect you to get a solution nemeyth.

I have Eyefinity and everything just gets thrown on the left monitor and part of the center and then the rest is just black.
  • nemeyethnemeyeth Member Posts: 42
    I'll just wait for some fixes then. Thanks for replies :D
  • kazeriokazerio Member Posts: 1
    how can low the res??the only choice in my game is the fullscreen choice...i want to get the lower resolution and icant
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    It looks like you are having problems with the UI scaling. You should check your Baldur.ini file (located in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition) to see if you have a line that looks like:

'Graphics' , 'Scale UI' , '0',

If so try changing it to:

'Graphics' , 'Scale UI' , '1',

If not try adding the second line to the file. Your screenshot looks like the value is currently set to 0, this makes the UI take up less space at higher resolutions, but it also makes the menus look wrong.

@nemeyeth Just out of curiosity what resolution are you trying to play at?

@kazerio The game is set up to take you desktop resolution as the full screen resolution, that way you always see the maximum amount of the map at any screen size. If you want to change the full screen resolution you have to change your desktop resolution. If you want to change windowed resolution then just change the lines:

'Window', 'w', '1024',
    'Window', 'h', '768',

in the Baldur.ini file.
  • nemeyethnemeyeth Member Posts: 42
    @cmk24 i tried to play 1600x1200 but it didn't work as provided on my ss :D