I am not sure, if Beamdog can do anything about the reputation system, as it can be restricted by contract limitations, but I think it's worth to try. This is my idea, that I've already posted in one of topics here, regarding the reputation system.
So I have 2 ideas:
1. Your maximum reputation depends on Charname alignment:
- Good aligned Charnames can get maximum of 20 reputation points.
- Neutral aligned Charnames can get up to 18 reputation points.
- Evil aligned Charnames can get up to 16 reputation points.
So it would make Roleplaying slightly easier, as you don't have to murder innocents without reason, to maintain low reputation with your evil character. It would also make the game slightly different with each playthrough, as you don't always end up wit 20 rep in the end.
2. For every evil NPC in your team (Viconia, Baeloth, Dorn and some others) you would get -2 to your MAXIMUM reputation. So having 5 evil companions in your team would make you have maximum 10 reputation.
If you combine these 2 ideas, you actually can end up with much more interesting and maybe more challenging reputation system. It would be much harder to have high reputation (as opposed to what happens now, where you can easily have 20 reputation at the very beggining of the game). So in worst case scenario (Evil aligned Charname with evil team) you would have maximum of 6 reputation.
So, what do you think?
Is it even possible to implement such thing?