Skip to content

Unlimited Gold Exploit (Via bug)

GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
edited January 2013 in Not An Issue
Just found this by myself :P
This exploit involves NPC "Taerom Fuiruim" Beregost's (famous Smithy)

1. Make sure u tell him to craft u the armor before doing this.
2. Get High str chars like Dron to carry as many Ankheg shells as possible
3. Farm ankheg shells, as many as u can carry.
4. Go to the smithy and sell him as many as possible.
5. After selling him many of them, he will be full and they will drop to his feet.
6. Move the npc pushing him with ur party so u can loot them again.
7. Resell them to him, repeat from step 5.

Results in unlimited if u keep doing it.

Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• GaNoNGaNoN Member Posts: 151
    Also when ur tired of getting gold, u can save those Shells.

Leave them on the smithy's foot, Trave 1 map --> (to the temple)

Sleep till its night.

Travell back to Beregost <--

Now the room is empty (they are sleeping ;) )

Transfer the shells to a nearby chest.

And just wait till you need gold again.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    edited January 2013
    I think this should go to the bug sections
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    Quartz said:

I think this should go to the bug sections

Agreed. All this talk of Ankhegs is pretty buggy.
    har har :)

Yes. This is similar to the winter wolf pelt exploit fixed in patch 2012. I'm reporting this.

yeah its meant to be reported ofc
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Just what every character needs. More gold.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    This was fixed in v2011 and is still fixed in the latest release. Are you playing the Steam version?
    Jalily said:

This was fixed in v2011 and is still fixed in the latest release. Are you playing the Steam version?

yes i am. so steam version is older? and why? make no sense, should be up to date.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Or you could use the console and save yourself some time.

GaNoN said:

Jalily said:

yes i am. so steam version is older? and why? make no sense, should be up to date.
    Bah!

Sorry for the confusion, Jalily, and thanks for moving the post from Bugs to Not an Issue :P

@GaNoN - The Steam version is v2010, while the latest patch is v2012.

Mother of god. so i have been playing and old version full of glitches.

Is there any way i can update steam version, or to redeem my steam key somewhere to get me newest client :S?

@GaNoN - You'll have to wait for Steam to put the latest version up so the Steam client can download and update your game. I do not know how long that will take.

ty for your answer and i think this problem is a big lack of professionality.

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Ganon you mean, it would be more professional if Beamdog holds back the changes until atari pushes it, or you think Beamdog should update the steam version too?
    I doubt any of these would work, or would be actually better.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I'm just going to say... someone who says he never played the game before and starts posting about exploits before finishing chapter 1 is *looking* for exploits, not "accidentally finding them". This is the second topic posted about "OMAI this is how you get TONS OF GOLD *EXPLOIT!!!*" (the first being no exploit, but simple farming - the mentality is telling).
    In other words, be happy your version has these neat features to get OMAI unlimited gold, enjoy them while it lasts. It seems to suit your playing style.

@Ganon you mean, it would be more professional if Beamdog holds back the changes until atari pushes it, or you think Beamdog should update the steam version too?
    I doubt any of these would work, or would be actually better.

I think if steam releases a game, it should be up to date.

else just hold the release date, and launch it later when all has been put together. My opinion of course.

I'm just going to say... someone who says he never played the game before and starts posting about exploits before finishing chapter 1 is *looking* for exploits, not "accidentally finding them". This is the second topic posted about "OMAI this is how you get TONS OF GOLD *EXPLOIT!!!*" (the first being no exploit, but simple farming - the mentality is telling).
    In other words, be happy your version has these neat features to get OMAI unlimited gold, enjoy them while it lasts. It seems to suit your playing style.

i posted them because i was trying to help the community, but of course i didn't knew i was playing an old version. Also dont judge or accuse me of looking for them. I found the accidentally and i never said i was using this exploits for self benefit. (i always reload the game after finding stuff like this).
    It's up to you how to play and if you like having tons of gold, have tons of gold. Exploits aren't really meant to "help the community", it's more helpful to report those things as bugs, which is what they most likely are.

It's up to you how to play and if you like having tons of gold, have tons of gold. Exploits aren't really meant to "help the community", it's more helpful to report those things as bugs, which is what they most likely are.

Well first of all u were judging me and now u say its up to me.
    And reporting them are meant to help the community.(making it "public" it gets it patched)
    If i only posted that in general forum was because people can chose if they use it or not.
    As we all know, its a 1 player game, if u cheat u cheat urself.

Yeah, that's why I say it's up to you. It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks of your way to play, so why bother? And "making bugs public", well, that's pretty much what the Bug Report forum is for.

Yeah, that's why I say it's up to you. It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks of your way to play, so why bother? And "making bugs public", well, that's pretty much what the Bug Report forum is for.

well let it be. i only want my steam client to be updated to skip many bugs and exploits im finding through the game.

• EduardoEduardo Member Posts: 2
    Steam version isn't up to date because Atari released it on steam not Beamdog.
    Eduardo said:

Steam version isn't up to date because Atari released it on steam not Beamdog.

a pitty then :(
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Too bad there really isn't anything to buy with all that gold!
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    GaNoN said:

Just found this by myself :P
    This exploit involves NPC "Taerom Fuiruim" Beregost's (famous Smithy)

1. Make sure u tell him to craft u the armor before doing this.
    2. Get High str chars like Dron to carry as many Ankheg shells as possible
    3. Farm ankheg shells, as many as u can carry.
    4. Go to the smithy and sell him as many as possible.
    5. After selling him many of them, he will be full and they will drop to his feet.
    6. Move the npc pushing him with ur party so u can loot them again.
    7. Resell them to him, repeat from step 5.

Results in unlimited if u keep doing it.

It don't work anymore (version 2012);

• IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Does anyone remember the old bug where you could get like 353894357 gems by switching a gem with a potion in the quick item slot and trying to drink it cause the potion icon remained there?

Then again, gold isn't of that much use in this game...
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552

You mad bro?
    Why would I be?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853

Why would I be?

Oh gosh. You fell right into that man. When someone says "u mad bro?" best thing to do is just not reply, trust me ...
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Apathy is the only reasonable response to u mad bro.
This discussion has been closed.