Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details. Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Official Soundtrack is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Add to the Beastmaster Advantages List ...

Right, the Advantage of "Can cast Find Familiar" SEVERELY needs to be mentioned in the Beastmaster's kit description. I would almost consider putting this in the Bug forum, but it's not a bug ... just a severe oversight. So, this mistake seems just a whoopsie, but just in case it isn't for some strange reason I'm putting this logic here:

As is, just look at that class as a newbie. It looks totally awful for BG1 in particular, when really it's not a half bad kit. You get a severely gimped armor and weapon repetoire for what ... +15% Stealth (which is less than the Stalker's +20%) and one extra spell when you hit level cap. Umm, yeah, no thanks. It's definitely worth mentioning the ability to have a Familiar ... it's part of what makes the kit so unique. The only non-mage kit that can get a Familiar? Sweet! That means an extra buddy to do some more damage at low levels, scouting runs, a few extra spells, and when you get to higher levels ... stuff him in your pack and you still have more HP. I would honestly call it a much bigger perk than the Stealth bonus, and that's mentioned.

Okay cool peace ~
TJ_Hooker[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Comments