Skip to content

Add to the Beastmaster Advantages List ...

Right, the Advantage of "Can cast Find Familiar" SEVERELY needs to be mentioned in the Beastmaster's kit description. I would almost consider putting this in the Bug forum, but it's not a bug ... just a severe oversight. So, this mistake seems just a whoopsie, but just in case it isn't for some strange reason I'm putting this logic here:

As is, just look at that class as a newbie. It looks totally awful for BG1 in particular, when really it's not a half bad kit. You get a severely gimped armor and weapon repetoire for what ... +15% Stealth (which is less than the Stalker's +20%) and one extra spell when you hit level cap. Umm, yeah, no thanks. It's definitely worth mentioning the ability to have a Familiar ... it's part of what makes the kit so unique. The only non-mage kit that can get a Familiar? Sweet! That means an extra buddy to do some more damage at low levels, scouting runs, a few extra spells, and when you get to higher levels ... stuff him in your pack and you still have more HP. I would honestly call it a much bigger perk than the Stealth bonus, and that's mentioned.

Okay cool peace ~
TJ_Hooker[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Quartz said:

The only non-mage kit that can get a Familiar? Sweet!

Bards say hello.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2013
    I put this in almost a week ago. :P
    Quartz[Deleted User]
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited January 2013
    TJ_Hooker said:

Quartz said:

The only non-mage kit that can get a Familiar? Sweet!

Bards say hello.
    *arcane caster

you know what I meant :P
    Jalily said:

I put this in almost a week ago. :P

This is going to sound utterly sarcastic but I mean it genuinely: I sorta have a life at this point in time, so sorry I didn't notice. Good to know this is being fixed. Good job :)
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited January 2013
    Don't worry about it, it wasn't mentioned here before. Was just letting you know. :)
    Quartz[Deleted User]
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    Thieves with UAI say hello.
    TJ_Hooker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Quartz[Deleted User]