Skip to content

Favourite Alignment

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
What is your favourite alignment?

Mine is Chaotic Good because you are a free spirit with a good heart.

Comments

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    CG
  • SirBuliwyfSirBuliwyf Member Posts: 137
    Lawful Good! :p

There was a really good website discussing the relevance of the alignment system. If I was at my pc instead of this crappy iPad right now I'd be able to find it. Anyone have the link?
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Lawful Good! :p

There was a really good website discussing the relevance of the alignment system. If I was at my pc instead of this crappy iPad right now I'd be able to find it. Anyone have the link?
    Me!

• FrozenCellsFrozenCells Member Posts: 385
    I mostly play Chaotic Neutral since it reflects best the way I act in the game, sometimes True Neutral if I'm feeling a bit more mellow. I find it harder to relate to good/evil characters in the game generally. My groups tend to be of mixed alignment, which makes for interesting BG2 banter but I can't stomach the insufferable do-gooders nor the too twisted/asshole-ish NPCs.
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    Chaotic Evil ofc'.
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    edited July 2012
    Neutral Evil, cause you just don't give a **** about others :)
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    I've always been drawn to the neutral alignments, similar to @FrozenCells as I find it hard to relate to the non-neutral alignments.
  • BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    Chaotic Neutral. Free-for-all!
  • OneTrickPonyOneTrickPony Member Posts: 17
    Chaotic Neutral. Free-for-all!
    signed.

• Talin_SilverbaneTalin_Silverbane Member Posts: 34
    Chaotic Neutral, baby!
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    always Chaotic good...
  • tekoeti383tekoeti383 Member Posts: 1
    Chaotic Neutral
  • Bastion72Bastion72 Member Posts: 60
    lawful neutral- i do what needs to be done
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Neutral Evil. Neutral means having a clear head and established view of world affairs, not letting either authorities or rebels manipulate you through emotion. Evil means being honest with yourself and others, not pretending to be avatar of monotheist ethics, and be free from society's expectations.

BTW, I always wondered - are there any atheists or pagans who prefer Good alignment?
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral.
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Neutral Evil. Neutral means having a clear head and established view of world affairs, not letting either authorities or rebels manipulate you through emotion. Evil means being honest with yourself and others, not pretending to be avatar of monotheist ethics, and be free from society's expectations.

BTW, I always wondered - are there any atheists or pagans who prefer Good alignment?
    So you are saying that atheist likes being assholes?
  • NeoDragonNeoDragon Member Posts: 169
    somewhere between lawful good and neutral good.

It's just like in real life: Law and order are absolutely neccesary, but it can be easily overdone. And that's a REALLY bad thing (I'm living in the EU ... that's why I know what I'm talking about^^)
  • ScytheScythe Member Posts: 7
    Definitely chaotic good. Do good deeds, but in my own way.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215

So you are saying that atheist likes being assholes?
    I suppose that atheists believe only in physical ass holes, not metaphorical :)
  • IkonNavrosIkonNavros Member Posts: 227
    Chaotic Neutral.. Free Spirits which do whatever they want without the wish to do too much good or hurting others too much.. if it can be avoided of course :D
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Lawful Neutral, Neutral Good, Lawful Good, and Lawful Evil.
  • bgplayabgplaya Member Posts: 129
    I think the alignment system, while certainly better than anything most other games try to do, has its flaws. Does a Lawful Good person still follow the laws of a clearly corrupt and cruel tyrant? Or maybe they don't follow the laws, but become Chaotic Good in doing so. Then how do they go back?

But getting back to the topic: Depends on the character, but I do love Chaotic Neutral. The free spirit kind, not the psychopath! If there's a difference. :p

All the alignments are interesting though.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @bgplaya I always interpreted lawful good as working towards a good goal within the system. So a lawful good person working within a corrupt regime might try and gain influence with the ruler to moderate their excesses with wise advice, try to weed out bad apples within the system and change it from within, or gain enough power to legitimately change unfair laws.

They are often presented as intolerant zealots or holier-than-thou, but can be very interesting characters. Ned Stark from Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire is a good man, torn between his loyalty to his king, his personal honour and the love of his family. He has to make difficult choices but tries to use legal means to reach his ends. He's what I understand lawful good to be.
    @Corvino Ah, a Game of Thrones/ASOIAF reference. You know me well!

Good example, though. That does make more sense than what I was thinking. If I could still play Baldur's Gate, I'd reread the examples they have at the character creation screen. Those were always useful.

I love Paladins and Lawful Good. I love the religions in DnD especially Tyr and Torm, obviously. In the real world I too am a law abiding good person who gives to charity and sacrifices his time for others.

I am an atheist. Not deliberately, I just don't think god exists, no matter how cool I think it could be if he/they did exist.

Good is not dependent on faith in the same way that evil is not dependant on lack of faith. I think we have all seen examples of how faith really has nothing to do with alignment.
    Corvino, exactly, couldn't have put it better myself.
    @corvino

Since I can't seem to edit my post to ask, where do you think neutral good would fall on that spectrum? Maybe they work within the system for changes towards a better society, but if the system is obviously flawed, they'll go the more chaotic good route and start a revolution? Seems a bit too subjective, but I guess thats morality for you.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    @bgplaya

To edit your posts click on the "gear" thingy in the upper right corner of your post.