Skip to content

Favourite Alignment

2»

Comments

• BKattBKatt Member Posts: 11
    I always try to choose Neutral or Neutral evil, as it's fun to be a bada$$.
    Somehow im just not very good at it, and usually end up taking pity of those i was supposed to be bullying.

Blasted morale and empathy!! :P
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    I always try to choose Neutral or Neutral evil, as it's fun to be a bada$$.
    Somehow im just not very good at it, and usually end up taking pity of those i was supposed to be bullying.

Blasted morale and empathy!! :P
    Plus, the guards keep coming after you.

• TheudipaldTheudipald Member Posts: 30
    Neutral Evil as I consider it to be the most machiavelian alignment. Sort of like the strong-willed Anarch or Übermensch ready to do whatever it takes to get the job done, like Caesar, Napoleon, Hitler etc. Also, the whole "corrupted by power"-character development arc works quite well with the storyline in my opinion.
  • TauronTauron Member Posts: 22
    I hate aligment thngie...most of the time I do "good" stuff, but Chaotic Neutral so I can change my mind whn I want. I dont like idea of "this is who you are and thats it".
  • spacehulkspacehulk Member Posts: 1
    I play lawful good. I find it really hard to play evil. To choose to tell a king to go to hell and spit in his face is really hard for me do! I like being the knighted hero who saves others. I do find myself trying to get a little more reward sometimes ;)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

Since I can't seem to edit my post to ask, where do you think neutral good would fall on that spectrum? Maybe they work within the system for changes towards a better society, but if the system is obviously flawed, they'll go the more chaotic good route and start a revolution? Seems a bit too subjective, but I guess thats morality for you.
    Where a Lawful Good person would still follow the corrupt system he works with (while trying to change it and do as much good with it as he can), a Neutral Good person doesn't mind occasionally ignoring the law, letting a few prisoners escape or changing a few numbers on paper. Chaotic Good would be more prone to busting down the entire corrupt prison and tearing up the papers, instead of trying to work with the system.

Personally, I prefer (and try to be) Lawful Good. Being an honest, kind and caring person is the best kind of person to be. That said, I fall into True Neutral most of the time, as I have a hard time caring as much as I would need to in order to be Good and am annoyed too much by any leading authority to be Lawful.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    @bgplaya Drugar's got it pretty much down. Neutral good focus on the good outcome and can stray into lawful or chaotic territory equally if they'll make the good outcome more likely.

Here's an interesting link that that showed up on Trent Oster's twitter from @kimmuryiel: http://easydamus.com/alignmentreal.html

it looks at alignments from a real-world perspective, and how various alignments perceive themselves.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    chaotic neutral - It is an alignment that calls for a fun time.
  • DovakhiinDovakhiin Member Posts: 113
    Chaotic Evil is my best alignment because characters have no respect for rules, other people's lives, or anything but their own desires, which are typically selfish and cruel. They set a high value on personal freedom, but do not have any regard for the lives or freedom of other people. They do not work well in groups, as they resent being given orders, and usually behave themselves only out of fear of punishment. In my own view, its alignment makes me think to Uchiha Madara in Naruto manga, and I prefer to be a bad guy who kill everyone on my way because I like that or I'm capricious in BG rather than "Oh poor child, your dad is dead, wait a minute I've got a sort, I rebirth him"
  • niklasniklas Member Posts: 18
    @Daedalus87m Haha! :)
  • morgy321morgy321 Member Posts: 36
    prefer to play bg as lawfull evil i kill ay thing i can kill loot all and steal all i can
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    Chaotic Good is my preference.
    I love to be good with the good and very bad with the bad
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited July 2012
    Characters of this alignment believe that an orderly, strong society with a well-organized government can work to make life better for the majority of the people. To ensure the quality of life, laws must be created and obeyed. When people respect the laws and try to help one another, society as a whole prospers. Therefore, Lawful Good characters strive for those things that will bring the greatest benefit to the most people and cause the least harm. An honest and hard-working farmer, a kindly and wise king, or a stern but forthright minister of justice are all examples of Lawful Good people.
    ------
    I used to always play CG but now i think I lean more toward LG, not that I like following the lletter of the law, but that it matches my play style the best, considering I always stand up for the little guy, and more often that not go after the big bad evil monsters, no matter the difficulty or personal risk to myself. I should add, I am pragmatic, so I have nothing against having evil members as part of my party, so long they help further my goals. If they act act up, they just face the raw hand of rightious justice. Playing this allignment Is probably the most challenging considering that most npcs and monsters in the realms are some kind of evil or chaotic allignments. In others words it forces a lot of confrontations, as a LG character cannot just let evil take a pass.
    Post edited by Space_hamster on
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    prefer to play bg as lawfull evil i kill ay thing i can kill loot all and steal all i can
    That's Chaotic Evil. Lawful Evil is if you have people sign a contract with tiny letters that will have their house be transferred to you, their children sold into slavery and their dog put down, with all profits going to you.
    Chaotic Evil is busting into their house, stabbing them in the face, throwing the puppy in the deep frier and making off with the daughter over your shoulder.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    In BG2, all my favourite ( and the best) characters - Viconia, Edwin, Korgan are all evil, so I typically dont choose a good alignment
    That's Chaotic Evil. Lawful Evil is if you have people sign a contract with tiny letters that will have their house be transferred to you, their children sold into slavery and their dog put down, with all profits going to you.
    Chaotic Evil is busting into their house, stabbing them in the face, throwing the puppy in the deep frier and making off with the daughter over your shoulder.
    Lol, yea, CE is more like a mindless lycanthrope or psychotic gibbering.
  • dandydandy Member Posts: 35
    I've played good, neutral, and evil, whatever strikes my fancy, but I much prefer neutral
    Sometimes I like being the balance, sometimes I just like being an unpredictable mad man
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    The spectrum between Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil.

My characters usually turn out as supportive of their loyal allies, protective of children and ruthless to everyone else. The letters might not spell 'Good' but it's more realistic and honest.

In real life very few of us care about the needs of 'everyone' we meet... in a game, I don't believe a very powerful being would shy away from theft, intimidation, blackmail or murder. Unfortunately, there are very few options for Lawful Evil characters. Either they end up winning 'good' points for not breaking the law or sliding into neutral and chaotic for not giving a ... about every bum on the street.
  • fah84fah84 Member Posts: 4
    I nearly always make a neutral character. Just a habit i guess, and will try to stir it up a bit when bgee gets out.
  • TonaraskyTonarasky Member Posts: 7
    Sadly I always picked chaotic good because you could hold onto khalid, jaheira and minsc easily enough but could be forgiven for a few slip ups here and there =/
  • e3r4t5yne3r4t5yn Member Posts: 42
    Lawful evil rules & reputation 5 (guards start to hunt you on reputation 4) - the most interesting to play;)
  • drechanadrechana Member Posts: 53
    Always played True Neutral. Not a lot of others here played that, I wonder....why is that?
  • roachfexroachfex Member Posts: 6
    My character is usually True Neutral, but my play style is probably Chaotic Good
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I've always played as a chaotic good character, but for the next playthrough I'm going to go with the evil side, just to experience that part of the game.

In BG1 it didn't really pan out to be truly evil, as the damn flaming fist popped up everywhere when your reputation went bad.
  • luluscadoluluscado Member Posts: 69
    Chaotic good, all i want to do is help people, and steal everything they have not bolted down. Because after all i just saved your keep and said you could keep the award and I've always really wanted those robes i will never wear because i am a thief/rogue
  • The_ZealotThe_Zealot Member Posts: 43
    I love Neutral Good. It has the attitude of I know what is right and frankly I will do it regardless of what anyone else thinks even if that means i have to step on your toes.

Always seemed to be the best option for me.
    Is it wrong I base my allignment choice on which familiar my Mage will summon? Gotta get the ferrit.
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Lawful good , chaotic good , chaotic neutral and natural evil . Played them all , my fav is chaotic neutral . Good alignment cannot use the silver sword - my favorite weapon
  • DrakhgardDrakhgard Member Posts: 13
    Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Evil
  • DejwoSWKDejwoSWK Member Posts: 35
    Neutral Good or Chaotic Good,because those two fit me most