Skip to content

No other patchs or download content?

I greatly would like new DLC or patchs adding new features or contents... paying few dollars for them (or euros, such in my case) is not a problem but I wish something that spices up the game a bit...

Comments

• SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    First there are more important things to do:
    - getting it to other platforms
    - improving the current game / fixing bugs / add in new features / help modders even more

get BG 2 out and then I hope we are going to see a long time with support and new content.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    Yeah, making sure all the platforms have it in working order should be the priority. Though saying that, they have snuck in some little bits here and there.
  • griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    @Sylvus_Moonbow thanks, even if I has already read it. These kits will be a terrific DLC, sucha as a divine sorcerer...
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    I'm more interested in patches to fix existing bugs at the moment (especially the long-standing haste bug, that rounds up 3/2 attacks etc. to 2 attacks instead of 5/2 and the recently introduced ranged weapons APR bug)
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    Based on developer comments, I speculate the priority list looks about like this: (updated 2/5/13)

* - Continue to patch and improve the game (ongoing)
    1 - Release MAC version (In approvals or has already been approved)
    2 - Release Android version (Rewriting file packaging system for Infinity Engine support)
    3 - Release Linux version (not official, but I'm 99.9% sure it was approved, as it only needed 1 more signature).
    4 - Graphics renderer rewrite (planning stages, ways off, but before BG2)
    5 - Cloud saves
    6 - Beamdog.net (multiplayer)
    (Branch code for BG2)
    7 - BG2:EE (currently in writing/art/pre-production stage)
    8 - Release DLC (currently in writing/art/pre-production stage)
    Post edited by bigdogchris on
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited January 2013
    I'm happy with what we're currently getting. We're seeing patches coming regularly, as well as additional sprinklings of extra content. The support we've seen for the EE project so far has been great.
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95

3 - Release Linux version

I'm looking forward to this ... although now that I have BG:EE working well with wine, I'm not as anxious.

• griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    @Aosaw I think you WOULD the new kits were found, to receive feedbacks and to spice up the things a bit... or perhaps am I a too mean-minded person? ;)
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @bigdogchris what do you mean by "Graphics renderer rewrite"? Is it something to do with the OpenGL compatibility issues?
    TJ_Hooker said:

@bigdogchris what do you mean by "Graphics renderer rewrite"? Is it something to do with the OpenGL compatibility issues?

I think that's what he's referring to.
    RedGuard said:

TJ_Hooker said:

I think that's what he's referring to.
    Does anyone have any links with more information on that? I honestly didn't know they were even working on this, let alone close to completing it. That would be awesome. I managed to get BG working fairly well despite my intel chipset, but any kind of spell effect, especially AoE ones, can slow my game to a crawl. If someone throws a lingering AoE like Stinking Cloud, it's pretty much unplayable.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Actually, according to Trent Oster's Twitter, the content team is already working on BG2:EE while the tech team is focusing on squashing bugs and preparing the game for other platforms...
    @TJ_Hooker these should be the most relevant threads you're looking for.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7385/important-regarding-intel-hardware-driver-issues-slow-game-performance#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12905/a-workable-solution-to-intel-graphic-chipset-problems/p1

The second link is an unorthodox solution by forum member Anduin which isn't a cure, but should hopefully work for you in the interim until Overhaul/Beamdog provide a working solution.
    RedGuard said:

@TJ_Hooker these should be the most relevant threads you're looking for.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7385/important-regarding-intel-hardware-driver-issues-slow-game-performance#latest

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12905/a-workable-solution-to-intel-graphic-chipset-problems/p1

The second link is an unorthodox solution by forum member Anduin which isn't a cure, but should hopefully work for you in the interim until Overhaul/Beamdog provide a working solution.

Thanks for the links, but I was more looking for any kind of statements from the devs about whether or not they're working on the abovementioned graphics renderer rewrite, and if so how it is coming along. I think I've already tried most of the major fixes listed in the first thread, and with regards to the second thread, I just don't think it's worth installing a whole new operating system just to improve the performance of 1 game. Like I said, the game is still playable, and the majority of the time it runs fine. Maybe I'll give the Ubuntu method a shot when BG2:EE comes out.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We've got a crack team (which is different from the Cracked team in all of the important ways) working on rewriting the renderer, as well as rewriting the file system to make the engine more streamlined.

They do it from within the confines of a locked bank vault, though, so I can't say much more than that. I did catch a glimpse of a security monitor, but all I saw was a white square and Baeloth telling me this was "ALL YOUR FAULT!"
  • IgnatiusIgnatius Member Posts: 624
    edited January 2013
    @Aosaw: thanks for the update, this is still very eagerly anticipated. I am basically like TJ_Hooker (and so many others): game playable in general, but some parts of it / AoE spells / some animations / Black Pits / are borderline unplayable. Things would obviously be even worse in BG2:EE without a new renderer for Intel platforms.
    @Aosaw I knew it! Baeloth works for Cthulu.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    @RedGuard Which means he goes last on Cthulu's "To eat list"
    @Lifat Nom nom nom... the drow rule supreme as dessert ingredients.
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    RedGuard said:

@Lifat Nom nom nom... the drow rule supreme as dessert ingredients.

@RedGuard :

What do you mean by "nom nom nom" ?

If you are actually saying "no no no" in french, it should be written : "non non non" ...
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    @Aasimar069 It's a sound effect for eating. :)
  • Aasimar069Aasimar069 Member Posts: 803
    Ok ;-)

Strange sound ;-)
    edited January 2013
    @Aasimar069 Don't blame me. It's 'teh interwebs' that came up with that one. lol

http://youtu.be/a1N2k0-F1pU?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I always viewed the 'other class' discovery as a potential red herring, or (perhaps) as an NPC-only (they were making new NPC's) thing. I don't really feel like there is a shortage of kits and available combinations, but suppose that this might be a big deal for some.

The GL change interests me, as my daughter's computer experiences all sorts of graphical hiccups (mostly slowing) due to its Intel chipset. I guess, overall, anything TeamBG works on is going to make the game better for somebody, even if it isn't me.

My one wish is for the entry to whatever evil lurks under that enormous Gnoll Fortress. There is definitely something down there.

• sharpiejassharpiejas Member Posts: 35
    @reedmilfam where did that picture come from?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited January 2013
    There are more patches coming and there's new content being worked on. The more bugs killed now, the less bugs left when BG2EE comes out :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Wasn't that picture in the Gnoll Stronghold thread some time ago?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @mlnevese - I got the picture from google, but a look at the link shows me that it was from these forums. I just wanted to put it there - copycat me! Anyway, tell me that fortress doesn't have bigger evils than gnolls under the parapet. I won't believe you.

[Fortresses] teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a kick and see what comes out - Minsc