Skip to content

Change the appearence of the chars

I have an elf Fighter/Mage, but I want to make him look like a thief (because of the hood). I already tried use the cheatcode "Ctrl+6/7" to change the appearence and I don't wanna use the SK, and it even work, but it don't stick around to much, when I save then load my game, it's disappear and my char back to normal. Is there any simple way to do this?
I would apreciate if you guys give me an answer as soon as possible, i'm quite really desperate.

PS: My game is on the version of Steam.

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Why not use ShadowKeeper? What you want to do is done quite easily with it. Otherwise I suggest take a look at bg2tweaks there is a avatar morph script that I think works for bgee.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Shadow Keeper (or EE Keeper, for lack of a better name) is probably the best bet in this scenario. Why don't you want to use Shadow Keeper?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700
    Well, it would be better, to have Vanilla game already packed with lots of options and awesomness...
    Hey, thanks for that EE Keeper. I will try it out!
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Why not call it ShadowkEEper?

>_>
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Lord_Tansheron, because Shadow was used from Shadows of Amn (or just BG2). I'm open to a new name, though. Gate Keeper: EE, might be a better name.

@Kirkor, the option to change the paperdoll was requested before (and I think it would be good), so that you could have a multiclass mage/fighter/thief, for example, and when you equip anything of a higher grade armour than leather the paperdoll would change to the fighter model, when using leather it changes to the thief model, and when using a robe it would change to the mage model. That's a quite a bit of extra work, though, and I'm not sure it would feasible (although how easy or difficult it would be is anyone's guess). Although, what the OP is looking for would mean going beyond that and allowing you to pick a paperdoll that wasn't representative of your character class. And you're quite welcome, I'm updating it on a semi-regular basis - mostly when a bug is reported.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Seeing as this is here, I might as well ask: I have a Mac, so I can't use Shadowkeeper on my saves (which are presently on iPad). I downloaded Near infinity, which does work on Mac to try and do the same thing as the OP (alter character model to thief). However, I've noticed that my avatar reverts to the Fighter model when I equip platemail. I assumed it would just alter the default thief colours a bit, like when you wear mage robes as a mage/thief. Anyway, I wanted to ask if this was standard behaviour, or whether there would be a way to have it stick with the thief model always?
  • KirkorKirkor Member Posts: 700

Why not call it ShadowkEEper?

>_>

There is no "shadow" in BG1 name.

@Troodon80
    I would prefer to be abe to choose my paperdoll, when I play a multiclass character.