Skip to content

Who uses Auto-pause and to what degree?

2»

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Only when I or one of my NPCs are going to cast spells in battle.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Doesn't Enemy Detected pausing get annoying? I've barely used it since that's my recollection of it; oh look, a gibberling *game paused*. Allright. Attack the gibberling. *Unpause* and chaaar-- oh another gibberling appears out of the fog of war, *paused again*. Well, lets carry on then. *Unpause*! Time to rid the Sword Coast of you cretins and *game pauses*... argh.

Or have they changed it since last time I used it so it now has some sort of cooldown?
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    There's no reason why I should use it at all. That way I'm still focused on game, instead rellying on auto-pause when enemy is spotted, when turn ends, ect.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I had totally forgotten that auto-pause existed until the reminder of it by this thread.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I use autopause on enemy/trap sighted, character hit/damaged/dead, probably something else I don't recall.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    In case of enemy sighted (I trust my characters will see them before me heheh) , trap found and sometimes after a spell is cast.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I never really used it the first time through, so never felt I needed it.
  • CherudekCherudek Member Posts: 73
    I use it a lot. My checked options are Enemy Spotted, Spell Cast, Trap Found, Target Gone, Weapon Unusable. Makes it much easier to redirect the characters when needed and in an optimal fashion.

I don't use the option which automatically moves the camera, though, as I find it too disruptive, especially if the party is spread out.
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    Enemy sighted, character death, weapon unusable and spell cast if I'm using Improved Alacrity.
  • MalachyMalachy Member Posts: 13
    Don't use it and don't think i ever have.

Prefer to press space manually and have the game flow and therefore act on instinct. some times i get it wrong (read too late) and therefore have to adapt to the situation but it just feels right to me.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I use it for enemy sighted and trap spotted. And then I manually pause whenever I need to give a new complicated command to a character.
    Too much autopausing just ends up confusing me and/or annoy the hell out of me.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I never use autopause, I am perfectly capable of pressing space by my self.

I used to use it all the time when I started, but now I use it less and less, mainly because I know the game so well I rarely need to cast more than one or two spells even in difficult encounters.

If I'm playing through some modded content that I've never used before, I'll use it more often though.

The people who I have seen play baldurs gate but never gotten into it properly have almost exclusively failed to instictively understand the use of press space to pause.
  • moopymoopy Member Posts: 938
    I didn't know it existed until someone mentioned it in a no reload thread. So, I then tried it out, and it was really useful depending on what you walked into, but then it paused my game every time a skeleton I was ignoring popped in and out of my field of vision and that annoyed me.