Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Actors - Who else have the played:?

Some of these blew my mind.

David Warner - Jon Irenicus
Also known for: Ra's Al Ghul in Batman, Spicer Lovejoy in Titanic, Gul Madred from Star Trek The Next Generation, Chancellor Gorkin in Star Trek VI, Sark in Tron.

Jim Cummings - Minsc
Also known for: Winnie the Pooh, The Tasmanian Devil, Pete from Mickey Mouse, Razoul from Aladdin

Michael Bell - Haer'Dalis
Also known for: The Fear in Metal Gear Solid 3, Drew Pickles and Chas Finster from Rugrats, Zorn from Star Trek The Next Generation Encounter at Farpoint

Jeff Bennett - Xan, Drizzt, Havarion
Also known for: Johnny Bravo, Pip in Enchanted, Dad in Dexter's Laboratory, H.A.R.D.A.C. in Batman

Grey DeLisle - Nalia, Viconia, Skie
Also known for: Daphne in Scooby Doo Mystery Inc., Wizard in Diablo 3, Azula in Avatar the Last Airbender

Roger Jackson - Keldorn
Also known for: The Voice in the Scream series

Jim Meskimen - Edwin
Also known for: The Brain in Pinky and the Brain, Kif and other voices in Futurama, Alec Baldwin in Team America, Narrator in Johnny Bravo, Egon in The Real Ghostbusters

Rob Paulsen - Anomen
Also known for: Pinky in Pinky and the Brain, Max in Mighty Max, Major Glory in Dexter's Laboratory, Carl Wheezer in Jimmy Neutron

Jason Marsden - Cernd, Lilarcor
Also known for: Haku in Spirited Away

Kevin Michael Richardson - Sarevok
Also known for: Cleveland in Family Guy, Captain Gantu in Lilo and Stitch, The Shredder in TMNT, Jabba the Hutt in Star Wars the Clone Wars

Feel free to post more
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0224637/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2013
    Kath Soucie - Aerie
    Loads of stuff since the eighties, including Phil and Lil in Rugrats, Cubert in Futurama, Janine in The Real Ghostbusters (when she mysteriously lost her accent), and Fifi La Fume.

Also Tara in Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, which I can vaguely remember when I was young. And Princess Whats-Her-Name (Earthworm Jim).
    Post edited by Coutelier on
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212

Rob Paulsen - Anomen
    Also known for: Pinky in Pinky and the Brain

I bet the casting guys only had to read that far in his resume to know there could not be a more perfect match on the planet.

• RedWizardRedWizard Member Posts: 242
    Grey DeLisle also did Jeanne from Bayonetta, Handmaiden from KOTOR2, Jeanette and Therese from VTMB.
  • MitchellMitchell Member Posts: 28

Jim Meskimen - Edwin
    Also known for: The Brain in Pinky and the Brain, Kif and other voices in Futurama, Alec Baldwin in Team America ... Egon in The Real Ghostbusters

Maurice LeMarche voiced all of these characters, not Jim Meskimen. I'm surprised no one else noticed that. You guys obviously aren't big enough fans of Pinky and the Brain.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2013
    Mitchell said:

Jim Meskimen - Edwin
    Also known for: The Brain in Pinky and the Brain, Kif and other voices in Futurama, Alec Baldwin in Team America ... Egon in The Real Ghostbusters

Maurice LeMarche voiced all of these characters, not Jim Meskimen. I'm surprised no one else noticed that. You guys obviously aren't big enough fans of Pinky and the Brain.
    I'm sorry. :( I did know it was Maurice LeMarche who voiced Kif. It says he voiced Yoshimo in BG, but I don't know whether to trust IMDb now.

Actually on the DVD commentaries for Fututama, Baldur's Gate gets mentioned. Can't remember which episode though, but they start talking about what video games they'd done. Billy West also did some voices for the first game, but not the second. He mentions being 'shafted at the first gate'.
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    Mike Henry voiced Cleveland from Family Guy, Kevin Michael Richardson voices Cleveland Jr. in The Cleveland Show.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    edited February 2013
    My reaction to Anomen's and Edwin's VAs: http://qkme.me/3svfgn

I find it curious that most the VAs starred in cartoon shows...
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi Member Posts: 2,869
    edited February 2013
    Micheal Bell also did Raziel from Legacy of Kain, and Medivh in Warcraft 3.

Jim Cummings is one of the most prolific VAs out there, he's in EVERYTHING just about, in some minor role. Voiced several characters in Kingdoms of Amalur, especially Gadflow is VERY obvious, and several of the gnomes most prominently.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

Micheal Bell also did Raziel from Legacy of Kain, and Medivh in Warcraft 3.

He also did...NIMBUL. Wish I could make that more dramatic. :/

Grey DeLisle was also Brielbara, Raelis Shai, Illasera, and several other people! I love reading her Twitter, she never fails to amuse me. :3
    Oh, and Jennifer Hale (Mazzy)? Totally Samus Aran, from what I can recall. Ahh, the thought of Mazzy running around Zebes.
  • MitchellMitchell Member Posts: 28
    Coutelier said:

Mitchell said:

Jim Meskimen - Edwin

I'm sorry. :( I did know it was Maurice LeMarche who voiced Kif. It says he voiced Yoshimo in BG, but I don't know whether to trust IMDb now.

Actually on the DVD commentaries for Fututama, Baldur's Gate gets mentioned. Can't remember which episode though, but they start talking about what video games they'd done. Billy West also did some voices for the first game, but not the second. He mentions being 'shafted at the first gate'.
    It's okay, I'll forgive you. :)

I actually didn't know that Maurice LeMarche voiced Kif until I Googled him. I'll admit that I actually didn't remember his name, I just knew that Jim Meskimen didn't voice the Brain.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    You're right, my mistake, he was in an episode of Pinky and the Brain but was not the brain. Maurice LaMarche, the voice of Yoshimo, was the Brain.
  • ToffeeToffee Member Posts: 55
    What bout Biff? Who else has he performed as?
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    I think I woiuld rather have Pinky from " Pinky and the Brain " in my party than Anomen
  • ZanteZante Member Posts: 15
    I'm sure that Yeslick plays the voice of the talking cat in the animated film, the 'Last Unicorn'. They just sound so similar. :p
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    Kevin Michael Richardson also had a brief, non-voice role at the end of Clerks 2. Hardly worth inclusion in the overall list, but figured I'd mention it since it's a rare chance to see the actual guy tied to so many famous voices.
  • lDanielHolmlDanielHolm Member Posts: 225
    Jennifer Hale is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most prolific female voice actress in video games.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808

Jennifer Hale is in the Guinness Book of World Records as the most prolific female voice actress in video games.

Because she's awesome!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited February 2013
    Also, David Warner played Evil in Time Bandits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlJaIREGnaM
  • selkyraselkyra Member Posts: 54
    Montaron is voiced by Earl Boen. He played Dr. Silberman in the Terminator movies AND he voice acts Lechuck in the Monkey Island™ adventure games. His voice in those games is just pure AWESOMENESS as are the games itself.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    edited February 2013

Some of these blew my mind.

David Warner - Jon Irenicus
    Also known for: Ra's Al Ghul in Batman, Spicer Lovejoy in Titanic, Gul Madred from Star Trek The Next Generation, Chancellor Gorkin in Star Trek VI, Sark in Tron.

This is my favorite. David Warner is just plain awesome. He also did several Audio CDs for BBC radio where he took on the role of The Doctor and did a spectacular job.

Jim Meskimen - Edwin
    Also known for: The Brain in Pinky and the Brain, Kif and other voices in Futurama, Alec Baldwin in Team America, Narrator in Johnny Bravo, Egon in The Real Ghostbusters

This I did not know. But it explains why Edwin is fast becoming one of my favorites.

"What are we doing tonight, Brain?"
    "Same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over THE WORLD!"
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376

I think I woiuld rather have Pinky from " Pinky and the Brain " in my party than Anomen

So true.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Kaigen said:

Also, David Warner played Evil in Time Bandits:

I love this movie and watched it probably a dozen times, and yet I never noticed this... ;_;

But I see where they got Irenicus's character design from.
  • Stargazer5781Stargazer5781 Member Posts: 183
    To Batman - "Ah, the child of Bhaal has awoken."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wrUs2SEZE
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    edited February 2013
    Jennifer Hale also did Dynaheir voice. And Falls-from-Grace. And femShep. And Samus Aran grunts. And femTrooper. She's been in so many of my favorite video games it's crazy. And cartoons too.
    Grey DeLisle is also in a ton of games and cartoons, as well as Jim Cummings.
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Well, Cam Clarke does Aran Linvail, and I think he also did Drizzt. Some other known games that hes done are Assassin's Creed as 'Subject 16' until Revelations. Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia. Sky from Jade Empire. Theres probably some others out there, but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    After reading this thread yesterday, I was very surprised to find that the episode of 'Star Wars: Clone Wars" I watched last night had Jim Cummings in it. I recognized immediately Minsc's dulcet tones and witticisms. It was quite amusing. And apparently he plays a recurring character in the series.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125

To Batman - "Ah, the child of Bhaal has awoken."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_wrUs2SEZE

OMG...

At the end he probably meant "Silence dog, you have no purpose but to die by my hand!"
  • BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    toanwrath said:

Mike Henry voiced Cleveland from Family Guy, Kevin Michael Richardson voices Cleveland Jr. in The Cleveland Show.

Kevin Michael Richardson also voices Principal Lewis in American Dad. Makes me smile every time he is in an episode.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.