Skip to content

Your Perfect Party?

124»

Comments

• reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    My problem is that 'ideal party' is limited by the forced pairs (Minsc with Dynaheir - she is a disappointment), Jaheira with Khalid (I actually find Jaheira funny when she gripes about leadership and "Die, foul Creature, and feed the earth!" amuses me almost as much as "Go for the eyes, Boo!"

I'm a sap, too. By the time I meet late NPC's, I keep the ones I have because they've been with me through so much! My party is usually:

-Me (normally a 2H fighter of sorts)
    -Minsc
    -Imoen (I've only used her as a thief; I generally don't do a lot with mages, even if I should)
    -Khalid (because I have to; I don't generally make him find his untimely end early)
    -Jaheira
    -Dynaheir (because I have to; I once accidentally left her behind by moving part of the party. It really was an accident. When I found there were five of us and Minsc didn't go Berzerk, I never went back to fix our mistake. She was free, but remained by the Gnoll stronghold)

I really like Kivan and have him until I'm ready to commit to the rescue of Dyn. I've tried to go with Branwen, but had SO much trouble keeping her alive.
  • RerelRerel Member Posts: 86
    Haha nice groups reading, new interesting teams i saw i will probably test. I mostly played BG1 and loved it.

Personnal Fighters Group, really violent fast kills and no mercy :
    CHARNAME - figther (rolling for 18/00 till the world ends)
    Ajantis (with the blessing of Helm)
    Coran (Dexterity everywhere, shoot everything)
    Kivan (shoot everything)
    Minsc (even Boo is fighting)
    Yeslick (skeletons+true support ;-)
    Sometimes i multi-class as figther/cleric or fighter/mage, but most of the fight i always start focusing casters, dead casters are good casters. Before getting Yeslick i use Dynaheir but in cloakwood mine she actually loves to scout for the traps.

Classic Group used many times :
    Charname (with most classes)
    Ajantis
    Branwen
    Garrick
    Imoen
    Xan

Fun Group for Skeletons everywhere :
    Charname - Cleric Fighter/Cleric
    Branwen
    Yeslick
    Quayle (but i mostly stop with 3 clerics so i take a caster like Dynaheir/xan)
    Minsc
    Coran
    Especially fun group in Nature, you just keep waking up skeletons before each big fights. I even do that for Degrodel's fight (Skeletons everywhere in his house to don't let him go away and blocking invisible guards/helmed horrors, every corridor is just full of skeletons).
  • gloinunitgloinunit Member Posts: 25
    No contest for BG2's most powerful group:
    -Half-orc Fighter/Thief
    -Korgan
    -Jaheira
    -Edwin
    -Sarevok

Everyone pulls their weight and none of them are annoying and/or whiny.
  • Sir_CarnifexSir_Carnifex Member Posts: 47
    BG1:

PC (Cleric)
    Minsc
    Kivan
    Ajantis
    Montaron
    Yeslick

BG2:
    PC (Mage, I think)
    Minsc
    Anomen
    Imoen/Yoshimo
    Keldorn
    Valygar

I've tried lots of variations, but the above are the ones that I had a lot of fun with.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    BG1:
    Myself - Paladin (Inquisitor on BGT or Tutu)
    Imoen
    Jaheira
    Khalid
    Minsc
    Dynaheir

I play these guys since they feel most canonical and make an awesome party especially with the BG1NPC Mod.

BG2:
    Myself - Inquisitor
    Yoshimo, (Later Imoen)
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Anomen
    Sarevok

Yoshimo, Minsc and Jaheira are awesome characters to play with and I always have them in my party. Imoen plays a big part of the story and is a good thief. Anomen I use for his good Cleric abilities.

Playing as an Inquisitor makes fighting mages, clerics and dragons so much less hair pulling. It also makes me feel like an agent of God fighting the forces of evil.
  • MarkosMarkos Member Posts: 30
    BG1:
    Player Fighter
    Minsc
    Ajantis
    Khalid
    Jaheira
    Imoen

BG2:
    Player Fighter
    Minsc
    Jaheira
    Yoshimo/Imoen
    Keldorn
    Mazzy (replaced by Sarevok in TOB)
  • GodKaiserHellGodKaiserHell Member Posts: 398
    edited July 2016

Post edited by GodKaiserHell on
  • CarnifexCarnifex Member Posts: 16
    BG1

Me - Fighter
    Imoen (dc to mage, split thief duties with Coran)
    Viconia
    Kivan
    Coran
    Edwin

BG2

Me - Kensai/Thief, Kensai/Mage or Berserker/Cleric
    Korgan
    Viconia
    Imoen/Sarevok*
    Jaheira
    Edwin

*Very versatile character. Keep him as a straight fighter, or dualclass him to either a mage or a thief, depending on your needs.