Skip to content

Custom Classes

This one might be a bit on the difficult/impossible side, but a way to create your own class would be nice to have, or at least, custom kits.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited February 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    @Bhaaldog: There's a version called EE keeper. It seems to work pretty well, but it's not for making custom classes, just customizing characters.
  • MeekratMeekrat Member Posts: 31
    What I basically want is a paladin or ranger equivalent for mages, which I guess would be a bard, but I want them to be able to wear hats.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Meekrat said:

What I basically want is a paladin or ranger equivalent for mages, which I guess would be a bard, but I want them to be able to wear hats.

This actually isn't blocked by the class, it's blocked by each individual item.

So you could create (or edit) a helmet to allow a Bard or Mage to wear it, and then the Bard or Mage could wear it. Simple as that.

Or you could edit EVERY helmet... ;-)
    I just want to be able to wear the Helm of Balduran.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    Just use the EE Keeper to force the Helm of Balduran on your character? It would be red but if you don't remove it, should be able to stay on indefinitely, no?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    @Meekrat I've attached a version of the Helm of Balduran that's wearable by Bards. Just unzip the attached file into: C:\[Installation Directory]\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\override
  • PadentonPadenton Member Posts: 48
    @meekrat, I think this might be easily doable, it's an awesome request. (contract might forbid it, I dunno)

Here's a way I think this can work:
    Make a list of various possible pros and cons, assign a point system based on how powerful each one is. Player has to make the points total 0 or some other number.

Would be pretty sweet, and surely the rulebooks can be mined for a massive amount of possible pros and cons.

Maybe even allow custom classes to be saved and exported.
    @TJ_Hooker : Thanks!

@Padenton : I agree, it's not like asking for custom races or anything, and it would open up some roleplay avenues as well.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Where can you download EEKeeper?
    If this option was implemented correctly, you could have a scholar character who was poor in any sort of combat but skilled in lore and trap-finding or some sort of battle-mage who could do basic spells at higher levels, like the Ranger.