Skip to content

Grandson of Bhaal????

LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
I have finished BG2 and throne of Bhaal a couple of times, often romancing Aerie.
I believe in Shadowkeeper, I found the item Aeries baby and now I just saw a reference to it in the romance discussion.
I never seen the baby in gameplay...is there something special that triggers the baby?
I thought I had "finished" the Aerie romance and at the end of ToB I get the epilogue of me and Aerie ruling this or that.....
But the baby......please inform me how to get a baby!!!

(And no juvenile remarks, please ;P)
Post edited by Lindeblom on

Comments

• LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Guess Google is my friend.

Thanks to Sorcerers.net

Aerie can be romanced by male Humans, Elves, Half-elves, Halflings, and Gnomes. Remember that Aerie is deeply traumatized by the loss of her wings. Be kind and understanding, bear with her whining, and don't ridicule her or chastise her for her weakness. I know it can be trying but she will eventually take a more positive outlook on life.

When she "offers herself" to you, don't jump at the chance. Suggest instead that you just hold each other while sleeping. Having sex with Aerie may sound like a good idea but it will break the romance.

Speaking of sex, "sleeping" with Phaere in Ust'Natha will also ruin this romance!

In Throne of Bhaal, Aerie will offer herself to you again. This time it is quite safe to take her up on it – except of course for the inevitable result that Aerie gets pregnant. Should you want to see your baby, these conditions must be met:

The baby will be born no earlier than 33 days game time after Aerie announces her pregnancy. [The little bundle of joy]
    You must have completed the fifth and last challenge in the Hellish Pocket Plane (fighting the Ravager).
    After the challenge comes a love talk where you marry Aerie.
    Now wait for 1 hour (real time – just set the game on pause and go get a cup of tea). Aerie will give birth to a healthy baby boy so long as there are no hostile or neutral creatures nearby.

If you are trying to romance Aerie, I suggest that you don't bring Haer'Dalis along. He will also fall in love with her and it can be tricky to save your romance in the resulting love triangle.
  • TuckerTucker Member Posts: 16
    Once you have finished the romance with Aeries as in slept with her and stopped her from leaving after seeing a shade of her mother not much will happen until after i think chapter 6 the chapter might be wrong but its after you have completed all the bhall tests and killed the reaver thing (the giant slayer) but she wont give birth until after an amount of real or maybe in game time but i think its real time.
    i normally finish up to this point in TOB then go and do watchers keep for this reason but i don't think there's any follow up quests but im sure your child effects the story once you have finished the game.
    It's a very stupied game design to have the birth take place once you have basically completed the game but that's the only way i know of how to complete the romance quest chain. Hope this helps.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Who the hell wants such babies anyway?! Tell you what, half-avariel babies are worse than an imp's diarrhoea. They fly first, crawl later and *never* wear their diapers.

Beware the droppings my friend... beware the droppings!
    Thanks....I guess I have just finished to fast (as she said).

Guess I will take a little more time next time =)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited February 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I avoid doing romances but now I have an ongoing one with Aerie. I don't want my character to "sleep" with her, only to help her with her troubles. Like some kind of paladin/shrink dual class :). She is feeling better now. I stopped the romance as she mentioned "love". Hope she won't try to offer herself again. Will she?
    Djimmy said:

I avoid doing romances but now I have an ongoing one with Aerie. I don't want my character to "sleep" with her, only to help her with her troubles.

I bet you are like that irl as well; "Please put your clothes on and let's talk instead". ;)

But true enough, it will save you trouble with a baby, both in game and real life =).
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    @Djimmy: Once you've killed the romance, it's over. She won't be offering herself again.
  • SliceofhellSliceofhell Member Posts: 85
    Sorry, but I find the topic title very spoilery. Even with a spoiler warning at the forum entrance.
    edited February 2013

Sorry, but I find the topic title very spoilery. Even with a spoiler warning at the forum entrance.

I agree and am sorry.....can I change the title after the discussion is posted?

I guess I could..

• CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Does that child substract from your Bhaal essence?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Calmar said:

Does that child substract from your Bhaal essence?

The genetics alone is pretty mind boggling. I wonder if the essence might have started to affect Aerie...

But as it is, I think like Imoen and Sarevok post resurrection, the amount of essence is negligible.
  • theperm222theperm222 Member Posts: 84
    @Coutelier she's a Bhaalspawn by injection
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Why the heck does Imoen have negligible Bhaal essence, anyway? Could Bhaal just not be bothered at that point? Was his divine sperm count dropping rapidly or diminishing in strength due to his nearing death or something?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

Why the heck does Imoen have negligible Bhaal essence, anyway? Could Bhaal just not be bothered at that point? Was his divine sperm count dropping rapidly or diminishing in strength due to his nearing death or something?

I don't know. Essence does seem to grow in it's power and influence over time, though; moreso the more violent you are, I guess... the more you feed it. For whatever reason, it never grew much in Imoen until ToB.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Coutelier said:

I don't know. Essence does seem to grow in it's power and influence over time, though; moreso the more violent you are, I guess... the more you feed it. For whatever reason, it never grew much in Imoen until ToB.
    I just find it a bit bizarre. But then, if the whole 'Imoen was supposed to die in Spellhold' thing is true it would make sense that they kinda wrote themselves into a corner and had to explain it somehow. That said, we only ever really meet the super big Bhaalspawns, so the majority of them might be like Imoen.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    There's a question of whether your kid shares the taint or not.

Then again, it's not like he's coming out from your taint anyways...
  • VittordeVittoVittordeVitto Member Posts: 225
    Am i the only one around here who thinks Aerie was pregnant BEFORE meeting CHARNAME?
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Sounds all weird. It is not very responsible of Aerie to go adventuring while she's pregnant, and it's criminal to fight dragons and demons with a newborn in your backpack.
    Can you put that child into a barrel to keep it save? Or is it unmoveable like Boo?
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

Am i the only one around here who thinks Aerie was pregnant BEFORE meeting CHARNAME?

Yes. You are.

But hey, we finally have an idea on how to continue into BG3. You play as Aerie's child.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Yes. You are.

But hey, we finally have an idea on how to continue into BG3. You play as Aerie's child.
    OR Aerie's child is the antagonist being kidnapped at a young age by monks of Bhaal and trained as an assassin doing his grandfathers unholy work.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

I just find it a bit bizarre. But then, if the whole 'Imoen was supposed to die in Spellhold' thing is true it would make sense that they kinda wrote themselves into a corner and had to explain it somehow. That said, we only ever really meet the super big Bhaalspawns, so the majority of them might be like Imoen.

Actually, you encounter quite a few Bhaalspawn who are closer to Imoen's power level than Sarevok's or the Five's: there's Viekang, for example, and Gavid the serial killer, and all those other Bhaalspawn you meet in Saradush...
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    shawne said:

Actually, you encounter quite a few Bhaalspawn who are closer to Imoen's power level than Sarevok's or the Five's: there's Viekang, for example, and Gavid the serial killer, and all those other Bhaalspawn you meet in Saradush...
    Not to mention Chinchilla the Chicken, Toop the Brave the Xvart, Tibbit the Goblin, and Merlinious the Kobold. One thing about Bhaal, he wasn't picky about his lady friends. :D
    edited February 2013

Not to mention Chinchilla the Chicken, Toop the Brave the Xvart, Tibbit the Goblin, and Merlinious the Kobold. One thing about Bhaal, he wasn't picky about his lady friends. :D

Aerie, Viconia, Jaheira, Phere (spelling?), Mellincamp, Boo.......Matt Damon...Like father, like son ;)