Skip to content

game still not working with intel?

Got some time off of work, been excited to check this game out, woke up and downloaded it and it's been nothing but frustration. I've spent the better part of the last 4 hours trying everything I can find to get this game working.

I have an intel graphics card apparently. I tried updated the drivers. I tried changing the few lines in baldur.ini. Nothing seems to work.

The game runs, but it's laggy enough that it's unplayable. The cut scenes (such as resting) are slow and choppy including audio.

Has there still been nothing done about this? Should I just try to get a refund? Is there a patch somewhere, and if so does it deal with the lag?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We have a rewrite to the renderer in the works that will make your life a lot less hellish (at least, with regard to this game). In the mean-time, though, if you send an email to support@beamdog.com I can help you find a solution.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    edited February 2013
    In my experience on old Intel gpu's, changing the OpenGL to 1 will make the game playable, but the cut scenes will still be choppy. Better than not playing I suppose.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    The OPEN GL fix worked great for us, too. I think game updates reset this change, however.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Try changing the compatibility settings for Baldure.exe (right-click, properties, compatibility tab). I have it running in Windows 95 compatibility mode, running as an administrator, with Visual Themes, Desktop Composition, and Display Scaling On Higher DPI Settings all disabled. This, combined with the steps mentioned above, was enough to get my game playing reasonably well, although the game still slows down pretty bad when there's lot of effects on screen, and the cinematics are still very choppy.

I'm still really looking forward to the renderer rewrite though.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    If all else fails trie this http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12905/a-workable-solution-to-intel-graphic-chipset-problem

Really good if you a playing on a laptop with duo core...