Skip to content

My familiar is stuck in durlag's tower

I jus finished the first underground level but for some reason my fairy dragon familiar is stuck up in a corner of the screen. I cant get heim to my players which means I cant leave i keep getting "You must gather your party..."
every time I try to to go up a level or down.
Help please.

Comments

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Talk to it to pick it up.
  • boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11
    Fafnir said:

Talk to it to pick it up.

I just tried it. no luck.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    edited February 2013
    I haven't tried this, but can you teleport him back to the party with ctrl+j? You'll have to enable the cheat console, of course...

It would work if it was a party member, I've just never teleported a summoned creature. If it doesn't work, ctrl+y it, edit your constitution back to where it had been, and re-summon the familiar.

Edit: Helpful links!
    Enabling the cheat console:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/8317/how-to-manually-customize-your-game/p1

Downloading Shadowkeeper (To edit your stats, etc.):
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7205/getting-shadowkeeper-to-work-with-bgee#latest
  • boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11
    Thnks so much! enabled console and control j worked.
    Thanks again!
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    No prob! Most issues like this can be fixed with the right cheats or modifications.

I should mention, since you're a new player, that it's very possible to miss out on major events and conversations by teleporting everywhere. I very much recommend not misusing this cheat until you've beaten the game at least once.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2013
    I don't even consider ctrl+j a cheat. It's a time saver when you want to cross a river and would have to walk half the map for that if not for teleporting. Of course, if you use it to teleport behind closed doors or to run away from a fight you're losing, then it's cheating. :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Ctrl+J is great for convenience. Ditto CLUAConsole:ExploreArea() for veteran players who know every nook and cranny of the game's maps. (Creatures' perception range is unchanged by revealing everything on the map. Metagame-wise the player already knows what's there.)