Skip to content

SCS for BG:EE is out! (And how do I install it on ipad (without a desktop)?)

WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
Did I miss an announcement thread? This seems pretty big news, after reading about this mod a few days ago I've been looking forward to it as a way to enjoy another few play throughs without resorting to "insane" difficulty (which seems cheesy to just double damage IMO).

URL for SCS: http://www.gibberlings3.net/scs/

Note that open beta v22 is the EE compatible one.

Can this be installed on iPad? Can it be installed on iPad from my iPad so that I can enjoy it today rather than having to wait until I go home from work in ... 17 hours?

Comments

• WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    So I've successfully downloaded the mod onto my ipad which leaves me with an .exe file. I can view the files inside via zip. Is it enough to just copy all these files to an override folder?
  • DavidWDavidW Member Posts: 823
    No, sorry. The mod needs to spend about 10 minutes (on my PC) messing around with your file structure. I think you need to wait those 17 hours, install it on your PC, and then copy the override and dialog files over. Sorry...
    Or any chance of it being recompiled for use on iPad?
    I don't know anything about iPad modding specifically. In principle I could release the override folder that results from a complete SCS install, but that would (a) break compatibility with other mods, and (b) prevent people choosing which options to install.
    DavidW said:

I don't know anything about iPad modding specifically. In principle I could release the override folder that results from a complete SCS install, but that would (a) break compatibility with other mods, and (b) prevent people choosing which options to install.

Could you make that override folder available? I'd definitely take all-or-nothing over nothing as a list of options and as I don't have BG on a desktop (only mentioned having one in terms of iOS limitations for downloading files etc) it isn't an option to do it on PC and then transfer it over.

I'm not too bothered with other mods. The only one I've considered trying was the BPSeries party AI one but its no big deal.

I'm sure us iPad players would be very appreciative!
  • AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    Yup. Android players would also appreciate this addition.
    Since I don't really understand iPad/Android modding, it's probably better if I leave it for someone who does (and who has a PC) to experiment with this.
    DavidW said:

Since I don't really understand iPad/Android modding, it's probably better if I leave it for someone who does (and who has a PC) to experiment with this.

Would it be possible to provide the all-or-nothing option of the complete override folder as a starting point?
    Since I'm certain using that by itself without a dialog file wouldn't help, I'd rather leave this for someone to do properly.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ipad owners can try what is explained in this link:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/15979/howto-modding-bgee-on-the-ipad

Notice it requires jailbreaking the device.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited February 2013
    What does it mean "polish is a bit out-of-date"? What's the difference between this version and the others?
    See thread at G3 for info on translations.
  • BerconBercon Member Posts: 486
    Thank you David for SCS, Baldur's Gate is not Baldur's Gate without it. :-)
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Where exactly i can find BGEE version?
    manero said:

Where exactly i can find BGEE version?

In the forum announcement at the SCS homepage