Skip to content

Modding NPC Stats?

TimePeriodTimePeriod Member Posts: 6
edited February 2013 in General Modding
I've been twinking with shadowkeeper and know how it functions. How do I modify the stats for an NPC character such as Xzar, Edwin or Imoen?

In specfics, Id like to change Montaron's 2 points in sling and transfer them to Longbows.

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    interesting, I was thinking that you might wanting to be adding 1 point of wisdom to Xzar so that you can Dual him without having to give him a tome.....

Wait... that's what I want to do XD. I think you have to do something with Near Infinity or maybe DLTCEP. I'm not 100 percent sure, because Near Infinity is difficult to understand when it comes to weapon profficiencies.

Sorry that this didn't help you.
  • Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    I'm not entirely sure if this could work, but if Shadowkeeper/EEKeeper allows you to export companions as CRE files the same way it lets you do so with the PC in a save game, you could modify the companion in question in that program and put the exported CRE file in your override (after renaming it to whichever creature you mean to replace). However, this would only take effect in a new game or one where the character hadn't spawned yet...

Re-reading your post, @TimePeriod, are you trying to edit party members in an existing save file or to change the starting stats of a character? Because Shadowkeeper/EEKeeper lets you muck around with party member stats in a saved game last I checked. Under the portrait of the selected character in a save game there should be a bar that lets you switch to the other characters in the saved game's party.
  • TimePeriodTimePeriod Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2013
    I am trying to change the saved file.
    Post edited by TimePeriod on
  • Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    If you're just trying to modify characters in the save file, you should probably just use Shadowkeeper/EEKeeper and use the sliding bar underneath the portrait but above the "change portrait" button to switch the character being edited. Note that this only works if the character is in the active party... I think you can modify other party NPCs but it works in a different way.

Hopefully my attached screenshot will load with the bar I speak of circled in red...
    I can't seem to get shadowkeeper to access my saved files. I tried putting all the files in the saved folder in my default install location or just the save folder with the files within it to the dictinary but it will not show up a list of the saved files. (SK is working)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2013
    @TimePeriod Try the EEKeeper beta. The download link can be found in this thread:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7205/getting-shadowkeeper-to-work-with-bgee#latest
    edited February 2013
    I do not own a copy of badurs gate 2 as it lists it in the requirements or am I missing something here?
    (I have the 'Steam' version and cannot seem to find the 00766 directory, anywhere)
    #2(Why in the nine hells didnt they just make it a notepad document!? TP takes 300 frustation damage)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited February 2013
    @TimePeriod look for the EEKeeper on the last two pages of that thread. It is being updated by Troodon80 to work with the EE. The latest version is in the last page of that thread actuallt.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited February 2013
    Just a heads up, Shadowkeeper won't let you edit quicksaves and autosaves (they won't appear in the list of savegames available to open in Shadowkeeper).
    edited February 2013
    Nevermind at all! SOrry! It was my mistake, I had downloaded an outdated version and everything works well now!

Now monty can enjoy that new Longbow I had in store :D
    (dispite the fact that I had edited him to a long-SWORD >_<)
    Post edited by TimePeriod on