Skip to content

The Dragonlance animated.....thing.

Comments

• SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    edited February 2013
    D:
    ...... *speechless*
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    It was not very good, even Kiefer Sutherland as Raistlin didn't lift this one. BUT I have seen worse movies =)
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    This amature short buries that movie.

Road to Mithril Hall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5ZM1B-wrys

• Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    watching that reminded me of this little 90s gem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxzO07adAt0
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Football players turned into heroes of british folklore? Really 90's really? The song is pretty cool though.
  • rexregrexreg Member Posts: 292
    @TheCoffeeGod
    thanx for the Road to Mithril Hall post...
    love the soundtrack
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Man, sometimes I miss the 90's :(
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    I miss the 90s cartoons (probably b/c they were such a big part of my childhood.) none of the stuff that's come out since has really appealed to me...probably b/c i got older -.-
    Why can't we have a good D&D adaptation outside of books and videogames?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The closests thing to a "good D&D adaption" outside of books and videogames to date is probably the original Record of Lodoss War OVA from 1990 imho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM9xVp8MS8g

While it follows its own campaign setting (unrelated to the Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance, or Greyhawk), most D&D fans out there would still recognize this series' content rather easily. After all this whole franchise started as an "replay" of an Dungeon & Dragons PnP session.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited August 2015
    I LOVE Record of Lodoss War. Ashram's voice actor in the Dub of the 13 episode OVA is magnificent. Deedlit's voice actress is also great! I love Deedlit <3. There are even Dark Elves! I named my gnome bard character Piro after Pirotess, the Dark Elf.

Edit: Derp, fixed a spelling mistake.
    Post edited by Vallmyr on
    Theres also a TV sequel.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited August 2015

Theres also a TV sequel.

There are three animated sequels in total. Athough the whole Legend of Crystania chapter has a completely different vibe to it from the original Record of Lodoss War. Still enjoyable in its own way.... even if they changed Pirotess design so much for apparently no reason.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    So many DnD names sound the same. Next thing we know we'll be hearing "Siege of Dragonlance."
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    Vallmyr said:

I LOVE Record of Lodoss War. Ashram's voice actor in the Dub of the 13 episode OVA is magnificent. Deedlit's voice actress is also great! I love Deedlit <3. There are even Dark Elves! I named my gnome bard character Piro after Pirotess, the Dark Elf.</p>

Did you ever play Rick Burton's paladin series on Neverwinter Nights? It was supposed to be a trilogy but he basically stopped work on the third one when Bioware hired him...apparently he was a fan of the Lodoss series, and his series had a dark elf character called Pirotase, or sth like that.

Dragonlance: I actually liked it, but I had lower expectations. It's a pity they didn't do the other two, because the first one went down so badly. I guess fans were expecting another Lord of the Rings, but that was never going to happen.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Squire Pirotess. :)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Agreed it wasn't the best adaptation. But it was a far sight better than the first D&D live action movie, that's for sure.

I do think that it is interesting they mention Lucy and Michael, but not Keifer in the trailer. What's that all about?