Skip to content

Some feedback on the Mac version

I've been running the Mac version since yesterday, with a game transferred from my iPad - really looking forward to the cloud saves. It's been running well, but I have some feedback/requests:

* It would be really nice if the full screen mode used the native full screen mode in Lion, so you could switch to and from other applications easily - both three finger swipe and alt-tab would work.

* It would be nice to be able to scroll further out... I have a 27 inch iMac, and I'd like to trade some of the up-closeness for a larger overview.

* It would be useful to be able to scroll the screen using either a touchpad or the magic mouse.

* Please don't fix cmd-q exit, as it takes a long time to exit otherwise.

* Adding keyboard shortcuts to the "help" icon would help

Comments

• FuzzyPuffinFuzzyPuffin Member Posts: 289
    edited February 2013
    Your first point is in the tracker, hopefully we'll see it in an upcoming update.

For your second point, you can try this:
    'Graphics', 'Scale UI', '0',

Paste that line in your .ini file located in documents/BGEE.

Note that it's unsupported and will probably give you UI glitches. Hopefully the devs will fix it in the future.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I've added the two finger pan to the touch support issue. It is a feature that would work well on tablets as well.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Id just like to say that although I was a bit angry when it wouldn't work on pc, you guys were more than professional with it all. You gave me my money back, and now I purchased it on my mac where it works excellent with no problems.

Id like to say thank you as these games were some of my fav games back in the day and I can still play them after having played for at least 8 years. I am hoping you guys do well with sales.

If anyone knows how well sales were I'd like to know as I will be favoring this site for future releases if there are any. All the best.

-DK
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @DKnight The devs aren't allowed to talk about sales numbers due to contract limitation.
  • DKnightDKnight Member Posts: 307
    Well as long as they are motioning a thumbs up, Im glad. I read somewhere that they will be making BG2 whether it sells well or not.
  • MosesHallMosesHall Member Posts: 28
    @mlnevese: surely the sales numbers can be released eventually, right? That seems a really odd limitation, you know, since units sold is a universal business metric. (Not that I'm a businessman :-)

-- MH
    Listening to bc2.mus on a loop and lovin' it.
    @MosesHall The devs are certainly under an NDA. Who knows if that will change in the future.
    In case you missed this...
    -we've hotfixed in proper touchpad support, including pinch-to-zoom and two-finger panning support. Give it a try! (personally, I like it so much it makes me want to use the touchpad to play the game instead of the mouse...)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16716/game-update-v1-0-2014-hotfix-and-other-news
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
    My feedback for the Mac version.

Buggy, constantly crashing, slow, glitchy etc was what I had to deal with when running it on Crossover. Now I have a lightening fast, smooth, bug-free install that a pure joy to play. I haven't played this game in years so I'm feeling very nostalgic.

Great job guys! It was defintely worth the wait and really looking forward to BG II!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    mlnevese said:

@MosesHall The devs are certainly under an NDA. Who knows if that will change in the future.

Even if they weren't under NDA, it seems a fairly standard practice to NOT release sales results or profit information.

Will releasing sales numbers help them sell more units?
    If yes, they'll probably do it.
    If no, why would they bother?
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Cerevant said:

In case you missed this...

-we've hotfixed in proper touchpad support, including pinch-to-zoom and two-finger panning support. Give it a try! (personally, I like it so much it makes me want to use the touchpad to play the game instead of the mouse...)

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16716/game-update-v1-0-2014-hotfix-and-other-news
    Pinch-top-zoom works great! Thanks!

Two-finger panning fails, though. It's just zooming like it did before.
    @Nifft It only works in OSX 10.7 and later it's an OS limitation.
  • willwillwillwill Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2013
    I have problem with buying stuff in inns. Somehow it always accidentally dops out from sell/purchase screen when playing with touchpad. I tried to figure out what triggers this but no success with it.

Also coming back from window mode gives me nasty graphic problems with MBP NVIDIA GeForce 320M on board. Some areas keep blinking white. Going to help menu fixes it but then part of the menu stucks on the screen.

Mid 2010 13" MBP OS X 10.8.3
    @willwill Never had the shopping bug. Is your touchpad set to high sensitivity? It could be interpreting a light tap as a double tap or something similar.

Returning from windowed mode is a known bug though.
  • TPSullivan1TPSullivan1 Member Posts: 30
    DKnight said:

Id just like to say that although I was a bit angry when it wouldn't work on pc, you guys were more than professional with it all. You gave me my money back, and now I purchased it on my mac where it works excellent with no problems.

Id like to say thank you as these games were some of my fav games back in the day and I can still play them after having played for at least 8 years. I am hoping you guys do well with sales.

If anyone knows how well sales were I'd like to know as I will be favoring this site for future releases if there are any. All the best.

-DK

It's great to see someone saying thank you and complimenting the developers; thank you for saying 'thanks'!

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    The other annoying thing about the Mac version is that you can' Alt-Tab to switch to the desktop :-(
  • CodebakerCodebaker Member Posts: 23

The other annoying thing about the Mac version is that you can' Alt-Tab to switch to the desktop :-(

Use the windows mode shortcut.

Codebaker said:

Use the windows mode shortcut.

What's that?
    @Oxford_Guy command + enter
    mlnevese said:

@Oxford_Guy command + enter

That doesn't work, though Alt-Enter does switch to Windowed mode, though that wasn't really what I was looking for and sometimes the game window flickers badly when doing this.
    @Oxford_Guy There's a request in the bug tracker for Mac version to follow standard OSX shortcuts instead of Windows. If you try the console, for instance, it will understand ctrl+c/ctrl+v but not the Mac shortcuts.
    The flickering is also a known issue. You can clear it by switching to another screen (e.g. inventory) and back again.