Skip to content

how to play multiplayer??

Hi i just buy the baldursgate for mac.
My friends are waiting to me to start to play our multiplayer campaing.
But know that i have te game i cant play online!!!

does someone know how is posible to play bg multiplayer with a mac????
i want to be the host of the game.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• trovadortrovador Member Posts: 8
    Hi i just buy the baldursgate for mac.
    My friends are waiting to me to start to play our multiplayer campaing.
    But know that i have te game i cant play online!!!

does someone know how is posible to play bg multiplayer with a mac????
    i want to be the host of the game.
    Thanks in advance!
  • DasherDasher Member Posts: 5
    Hi folks,

Myself and a friend are trying to sort out the issues with connectivity before we get a larger party involved. I have opened 47630 and we are able to both be in the lobby. However, if I'm hosting and he tries to select or create a character, he is booted from the lobby. To get around this, I selected a character for him then gave him control so we could see if we could at least get into the game. Sadly my screen would hang until my friend was kicked from the party, then my game resumed as normal.

We are using Hamachi to create a virtual server as every time we attempted to use a direct IP this didn't work (unless I'm missing something other than googling "what is my ip address" and taking that number)

The only thing I can think of is different versions of the game. They are stated as the following

My Mac - 1.0.1 (2014)
    His PC - 1.0.2014

Now when I look at the patch notes for mine, they seem identical to his. Is it the case that they are different versions which will be causing the problem? If so I will be pretty miffed since all the promotion for the enhanced edition has been stating cross platform compatibility.

Any help / advice on our situation would be greatly appreciated, we're losing our minds!

Thanks all :)

Dasher
    Hi there, I'm having a similar problem. Are you're friends all on mac too? or running the PC version?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @minevese

Thanks for that, my friend and I followed it to the letter and still couldn't connect. The rest of my party are all on PC and have managed to connect to each other. However I am unable to join any of their PC games, or once they've joined me, the same thing happens with all of them as before (dropping when creating character or just before entering the game if I've assigned a character for them)

It seems like my mac is the odd one out...
    @Dasher make sure the OSX firewall or your router is not blocking the necessary ports.
    @minevese

Firewall and ports on the router have been addressed since the start.
    @Dasher I'll call @Cerevant to help you if I'm not wrong, I remember he said he had linked Macs and Ipads to play.

There really should be no problem though, I know testing used Macs, PCs and Ipads in the same game...
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    I have gotten a game set up with a PC, and 2 macs without doing anything special. Maybe it is the number of connections? Have you tried to connect to just one other player?
    Update. Decided to purchase the pc version of the game to work out whether it was an issue with the game version or my computer (pc version bein run on boot camp windows). The mac version failed to run with the same issues as above, but the pc version ran like a dream, connecting to 3 other people all running windows versions.

Suggests to me some issue with the mac version or possible hamachi on the mac? @cerevant what were you using as a server? Or we're you using direct IP (still haven't found a way to get that working)
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    It was on a LAN, so Hamachi might be your issue
  • trovadortrovador Member Posts: 8
    Thank, at the end i figuerd out how to forward the port. But it was a deception because the game is not working so well with more than 3 players