Skip to content

Dwarven defender/cleric for bg ee and bg2 (chaotic Neutral)

2»

Comments

• VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216

Bhaaldog said:

Charisma 2?

Quite power-gamy, but CHA is completely irrelevant in BG2 thanks to the Ring of Human Influence. Not that it's very relevant at all anyway...
    Only "Quite"?!:

Str 18/00
    Cha 2

You can't blame a dwarf for being as strong as (s)he is ugly.
    Rahlik
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    Proficiency in dual wielding, maces, war hammers and flails.

BGEE:
    The Stupifier
    Ashideena

BG2EE:
    Flail of the Ages
    Crom Faeyr
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Crom Faeyr is not a good choice for clerics. Clerics easily reach 25 STR through Draw upon Holy Might, and Crom Faeyr's damage is not very good. It's better to give it to another char, and have as many people as possible with 25 STR.
    Fafnir
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    I'll have to go take a proper look at the weapons for bg2. I just hope i can wait for the bg2 ee to be released to complete my playthrough.
  • FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    The obvious answer is Flail of the Ages and Defender of Easthaven.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Fafnir said:

The obvious answer is Flail of the Ages and Defender of Easthaven.

This. Unless you play with mods that add other items, this will likely be the strongest combo. Keep in mind though that depending on your party, you may want to give FoA to another char who can do more damage with it, since you won't have max APR. In that case you'll probably use Runehammer+5 or Stormstar+5 with Defender of Easthaven.
  • FenghoangFenghoang Member Posts: 160
    edited February 2013

Crom Faeyr is not a good choice for clerics. Clerics easily reach 25 STR through Draw upon Holy Might, and Crom Faeyr's damage is not very good. It's better to give it to another char, and have as many people as possible with 25 STR.

Its damage ain't bad at all. 2d4+3 +5 Elec Dmg ends up being 10-16 damage and hits as a +5. That's the same average damage as any of the other ToB 1Hers (i.e. Storm Star +5, Spectral Brand +5, Angurvadal+5, etc.) that is NOT FotA+5. It even does more than FotA+4 (does 10-15 dmg).

People just underrate Crom Faeyr's damage output as a mainhander because the +5 elec dmg isn't displayed in the item description unless you patch it with the BG2Fixpack. You essentially get a 1H'er that does as much as the fully upgraded ToB 1H'ers (sans FotA+5) in SoA with the additional perk of 25 Str.

But you're right, it's probably better on another character that don't have access to DUHM, Righteous Magic, etc.