Skip to content

Eldritch Knight: Sorcerer Kit v1

2»

Comments

• LugeLuge Member Posts: 90
    edited March 2013
    XP required to level up is indeed hardcoded based on class.

L.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The amount of xp needed to level is soft coded but kits always level using the main class XP tables.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    You can add affects to characters that increase or decrease all xp gained by a percentage.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    edited March 2013
    Insted of giving him the use all HLA, is it possible to use the Bard item restrictions ?

Ideas for a more balanced Version (I don't no the restriction from the modding site, so its could not be possible at all)

Advantages:
    - Cleric THAC0
    - Can put 2 points in any weapon they can use (like swashbuckler)

Disatvantages:
    - restrict Weapons to the Thief useability
    - no AC bonus (can cast shield anyway)
    - Restricted Spelllist or Spelllevel (like Bard ?)

• KasKas Member Posts: 28
    edited March 2013
    is there any thac0 bonus on this kit?
    man this kit needs some thac0 bonus more than damage bonus
    edited March 2013
    Edit: nevermind my post. The build DOES have a thaco bonus. It uses AP_spcl141, which is the swashbuckler modifier adding +1 to hit/damage.

Definitely would be OP because of how fast the progression occurs. I could hit -30AC in TOB with this :p Probably fine / only mildly powerful in BGEE though.

I'd recommend adding the swash bonuses more like once every 4 levels till 24 then every 8th afterwards, at most. If you're concerned about durability, bump its hitdice to d6 instead, and cast armor spells :)

Finally, an hit to xp gain rate may be a better fit than statloss for this build, and would reflect F/M better. Plus, cutting CON at level 1 for a warrior-ish build, then giving it back later is totally wack. I would have needed quality herb to come up with that ;)
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    Hey guys, just wanted to make clear that the mod isn't abandoned, I'm just taking a break in order to improve my modding skills so I can give it some better drawbacks.

valamyr: feedback appreciated, insult not so much. :P The CON bonus was an RP based nerf-meant to show lack of real-world experience.
    That was not an insult, nor meant as an insult. :) All creative works are welcome as far as I'm concerned.
  • DualityDuality Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Hey man, I really enjoy the sound of this here mod, that being said I've have a few problems installing it per-say.

Not quite sure how to fix this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Agh! It didn't upload.

This is what the Debug file says

ERROR Installing [eldritch], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [eldritch/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "eldritch/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [eldritch/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-ELDRITCH.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-ELDRITCH.TP2] component 0.
    Unable to Unlink [eldritch/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "eldritch/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [eldritch/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "eldritch/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    KITPACK.TP2 0 2 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 4 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 6 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 7 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 8 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 9 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 10 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 11 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 12 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 13 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 14 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 15 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 16 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 17 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 18 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 19 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 20 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 21 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 22 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 23 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 25 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 26 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 27 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 28 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 29 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 30 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 31 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 32 Installed
    KITPACK.TP2 0 33 Installed
    ERROR: Failure("resource [K_S_H.2DA] not found for 'getting 2DA lines'")
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited March 2013
    @duality Err...to be honest I have no clue how that could be happening, sorry. Do you have an override file?

Thinking of putting this kit on the backburner while starting on a more balanced Bladesinger Bard kit. Thoughts?

Bladesinger (bard kit)

Advantages:

THAC0 progression similar to that of a Cleric.
    Spells equivalent to mage of same level.
    +1 Defensive Spin every 6 levels, renamed to Bladesong
    Can master longswords and become specialized in Single-Weapon fighting.
    Bonus +1 to Hit and Damage. Bonus increases by 1 for every 8 levels.

Disadvantages:

XP required to level up multiplied by 1.75
    Can only become proficient in every other weapon/style.
    Elves only.
    50% normal Pick Pockets

However, I would be grateful for advice on the following:

How to allow an elf to be a Bladesinger, but not any other Bard type.
    How to alter the spells and XP of the kit without altering all Bards.

• Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    @Tome: For the Bladesinger requirements...

- You've probably already read this page before, but there is a segment of the ADD_KIT code for WeiDU that involves "PC races and classes allowed to use this kit, from KITTABLE.2da". Figure out which involve only elven bards and you're in business for the race restriction.

- By applying a kit ability/spell with the wizard spell slot change effect (effect #42 i think), you can raise the number of spells memorized per day. I don't know whether you can exactly replicate the mage spells per day, but you can modify slots this way.

- I don't know about changing the XP needed for leveling (that's based solely on the base class), but you can apply an XP penalty. There are some custom kits and subraces out there than do so... if you download one and look inside I'm sure you'll figure out how to apply the penalty. You'll have to convert your current number to a -% penalty, though.

Hope that helps.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    Really I think this would work better has a bard kit. That way it gets more armor and weapons and keeps spell casting. with out having the use any item ability.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • peidpeid Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    how do you download this mod? The file behaves like an image when i click on it. Ive seen other mods like this aswell, that i would love to try out. Thanks in advance!

nevermind! just found out..

It didnt work out that well after all. Cant seem to use any item and the kit discription in-game reads "missingstring[548...]", so something is a little off. Any clues?
    Post edited by peid on
  • AlexmblsAlexmbls Member Posts: 22
    Hmm, may be ...

ELDRITCH KNIGHT: Trained from an early age to wield with equal proficiency both their innate sorcerous skills and a variety of weaponry, the Eldritch Knight is a powerful force on the battlefield. However, despite their great versatility, the Eldritch Knight is typically somewhat less hardy than a typical warrior. While experience can overcome these difficulties, this drawback often leads beginners in the trade to meet an untimely demise. Furthermore, the heady combination of physical strength and magical might possessed by an Eldritch Knight often causes them to be a little foolhardy.

Advantages:
    - May Specialize (two slots) in any weapon available to Sorcerers.
    - 1st level: +1 bonus to AC.
    - 1st level: Gain Proficient (one slot) in all weapons fighting styles apart Sword and Shield style.
    - 1st level: +1/2 extra attack per round.
    - 3rd level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 3rd level: Gain Specialize (two slots) in Two-Handed Weapon Style.
    - 4th level: +1 bonus to Damage rolls.
    - 5th level: +1 bonus to AC.
    - 6th level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 7th level: +1/2 extra attack per round.
    - 8th level: +1 bonus to Damage rolls.
    - 9th level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 9th level: Gain Specialize (two slots) in Single Weapon Style.
    - 10th level: +1 bonus to AC.
    - 12th level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 12th level: +1 bonus to Damage rolls.
    - 13th level: +1/2 extra attack per round.
    - 15th level: +1 bonus to AC.
    - 15th level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 15th level: Gain Specialize (two slots) in Two Weapon Style.
    - 16th level: +1 bonus to Damage rolls.
    - 18th level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 20th level: +1 bonus to AC.
    - 21th level: +1 bonus to Hit.
    - 21th level: Gain Mastery (three slots) in Two Weapon Style.
    - Hit Dice: d4

Disadvantages:
    - May casts -1 spell per level per day than a Sorcerer.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    This guy is going to get creamed if his defenses get dispelled. d4 hit dice means a couple hits and he's dead. Most high level enemies aren't very worried about AC
  • Draith012Draith012 Member Posts: 174
    The class has stoneskin and similar protection spells. It's the advantage of being the class, but its a disadvantage because he must rely on them, however, it's the same issue for any fighter/mage except a bard kit would level up insanely faster and earn its later spells earlier. If you look to see how quickly a theif/bard levels in comparison to the mage, it's impressive especially for spells that depend on caster level. I would use similar bard kits to estimate how fast THAC0 and AC should improve because, honestly, if you're looking at the guy pre-buffed, his AC might not seem like much but he's always going to be supplemented with spells and magic items. In fact, considering the kind of protection spells he'll have, like mirror image, AC becomes secondary.
  • SuperpatSuperpat Member Posts: 7
    Hello, I'm confused on how kits work, I installed this mod but when I try to pick it ingame it is all greyed out.
  • IdeogesIdeoges Member Posts: 10
    Hi together, the Eldrich Knight is also not aviable by me (greyed out). Any suggestions?
    Greetings, Ideoges
  • ULilBagelULilBagel Member Posts: 1
    The option is grayed out when I am making my character. Any help would be appreciated.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    I'll close this thread. If anyone wants to revive this mod just let me or any other moderator know.
This discussion has been closed.