Skip to content

How many people here are excited about the Android version?

So, I have BG and BG:EE for the PC. I won't get it for the Mac simply because I have it for the PC (and I don't have a Mac). I can kind of see for the tablet. not my cup of tea, but if it is for others, more power to them.

My question is, how many people here are anticipating the Android version? I have a DNA and I have been considering it. What is everyone else's thoughts on the subject?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm not a huge fan of the tablet things. I'm hoping they're just a phase and will go away really. I prefer proper computers or, failing that, laptops.

I know my brother's fond of his though and he'll get BG:EE for it when it releases there too (allready gifted him a PC version) which means that when the whole upgraded multiplayer comes around there's a lot more co-op happening for me. Yay! Also it's another sale for Overhaul, which is good.

So while I don't look forward to it for my own sake I still think it's a very good thing in the grand scheme of things.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    No desire at all. I have an an android phone, and hate gaming on touch screens. Putting my fingers over the screen and blocking my view just doesn't work for me. I should probably also say I don't like tablets, either though. I don't need a device in between my phone and my netbook. Chromebooks don't do it for me either, I need a full GNU userland for sys admin work.

I would however buy another copy for Linux, though ;)
  • redlineredline Member Posts: 296
    I'd be excited for them to expand to more platforms in general, simply so that more people will have access to this excellent game.

Even though I'm an Android user, though, I don't think I'd shell out for an Android copy. Mobile gaming only works for me if the game was designed with a mobile form factor in mind -- it's hard to get excited for a port, especially one that I've been playing on PC for over a decade.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    I just hope that expanding to more formats will be a profitable venture for these guys. I'm eager for BG2EE and hopefully BG3, and that hinges on Overhaul making money.
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    I'm not sure. I like the idea. I have my tablet with me all the time, I could see playing a lot more, and I'd like this. I'm just not sure how BG will translate to a touchscreen. I'll probably buy it to support Overhaul.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I have an android tablet so I might buy one copy.
  • TGWarlockTGWarlock Member Posts: 3
    I got BGEE for my PC, but that it'll be on Android is what got me intersted in BG again. Hope it doesn't take to much longer.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    I actually bought a Nexus 7 on release date in the hopes this would be out not long after.... to be honest, i'm kind of past caring now i've seen what the Enhanced Edition actually is.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    Yes! Oh, sorry, I thought you said The Android Invasion. No, then.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I have it on iPad and feel like the red headed stepchild of the BGEE world, no mods and having to wait longer for updates. So I'm excited because now I won't feel alone.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Fardragon said:

Yes! Oh, sorry, I thought you said The Android Invasion. No, then.

Um, wasn't the adroid invasion brought about by the Nestines? Or am I thinking about the Autons?
  • hummer010hummer010 Member Posts: 95
    I think the longer updates on the ipad are waiting for the updates to make it into the apple store, or whatever it's called.

This wait time won't have to happen on Android, but it still might. Android users can install apps from other sources (ie. download the latest version of the .apk from beamdog and install), but only if overhaul/beamdog make updates available that way. Otherwise, we'll be stuck waiting on the android market (or play store, or whatever they're calling it now), just like the apple users.
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    I am waiting for the Android release. I haven't really found any games I like playing on the tablet, so I am counting on BG:EE to change that.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I'm not an Android user, so it's not directly relevant to me. However, I can't quite imagine how it'll work on those little mobile screens, so I'll be intrigued to see what it looks like.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The devs have stated that the game isn't really playable in screens under 7 inches. I do not expect the game to be released for phones at all at first.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    Not a fan of gaming on tablets at all. I have an android phone, but 100% of my gaming is done on my PC. I don't have a single game on my phone. It's great for browsing forums while in bed though.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I got an android tablet very much on account of BGEE, so you could safely say Im excited =)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Kortok said:

Not a fan of gaming on tablets at all. I have an android phone, but 100% of my gaming is done on my PC. I don't have a single game on my phone. It's great for browsing forums while in bed though.

I honestly don't see it running well on a phone. I could be wrong but even my DNA screen wouldn't do it justice.
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    I wish people would stop equating the Android version to a phone version.

Aristillius