Skip to content

Global map faded & overhead text square white blocks

GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
The global map location icons is kind of faded and the overhead text on my characters when hitting tab is white square blocks where the text should be.

I am on OSX ML on a MBA
Post edited by Goddard on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'm getting the map fading too. You can see it here.

• Urd1enUrd1en Member Posts: 84
    wow!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Does it persist on reload? We've seen this issue a number of times, but it is always very random and not reproducible.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Cerevant Though I have never seen that particular manifestation of the word map distortion I have noticed that whenever I use *keeper I get the speckles distortion on the world map after loading the game.
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    I get this error as well, restarting the game (usually) fixes it.

I'm also on Mac
  • SeekingResolutionSeekingResolution Member Posts: 1
    Tresset said:

@Cerevant Though I have never seen that particular manifestation of the word map distortion I have noticed that whenever I use *keeper I get the speckles distortion on the world map after loading the game.

Hey, yeah I'm getting this issue too; is there any way to resolve it? I see it's mentioned in this thread but I wasn't able to post in there, not sure if it's locked, and there's no solution in there anyway. I've tried restarting both the game and my computer- neither worked, and I've tried removing the save files I altered with EEKeeper but that didn't work either. I haven't tried reinstalling the game yet because the 2GB download isn't something I can just do at the drop of a hat; my internet limit is rather low and slow.