Skip to content

Extended romances for BG2:EE

EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
edited March 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
First i show you some information about romances in BG2:

1) VICONIA
a) You MUST be human or half-elf
b) You can´t be elf, gnome, dwarf, halfling or half-ork
c) She do not care about charisma
d) She do not care about reputation
f) She do not care about alignment

2) AERIE
a) You MUST be human, elf, half-elf or gnome
b) You can´t bem dwarf, halfling or half-ork

3) JAHEIRA
a) You MUST be human, elf or half-elf
b) You can´t be gnome, dwarf, halfling or half-ork

4) ANOMEN
a) You MUST be human, elf or half-elf
b) You can´t be gnome, dwarf, halfling or half-ork
c) He do not care about charisma
d) He do not care about reputation
f) He do not care about alignment

Am I the only one who thinks this is WRONG settings ?

There is my list recommend changes:

1) Extend allowed romanceable races for ALL characters ( Rule " No romances for dwarfs, halflings or half-orks " is really foolish ) but also keep some restriction. Some will don't like gnomes, another dwarfs and next half-ork.

2) If race don´t fit make at least one alternative way like charisma, alignment or reputation check. ( Even if girl like AERIE doesn't like half-orks, she must admit " That lawful good half-ork with 18 charisma look REALLY sexy " and she made exception )

3) Made romance talks little bit faster. In my BG2 platinum version is it always 45 min between next talk and i often finish game before romance end ( Viconia have VERY long romance ). 30 min will be optimal.

P.S.
English is not my main language. I can read very well but i am only average writer so sorry for any clumsy interpretations.
Post edited by Edvin on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    viconia romances half-elfs and half orcs. aerie also romances gnomes

beside that, stat penalties or bonuses might be nice, but i wouldn't hold my breath for it.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    trinit said:

viconia romances half-elfs and half orcs. aerie also romances gnomes

Oh i forgot Aerie gnomes, but are you sure with that Viconia half-elfs and half orcs ?
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Edvin said:

P.S.
    English is not my main language. I can read very well but i am only average writer so sorry for any clumsy interpretations.

Actually, @Edvin, you write better than many native speakers. Just saying.
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    Yeah, Viccy definitely romances half-elves. I don't play half-orcs, but I'm pretty sure that's okay also.

Viconia and Anomen should probably have charisma requirements. Jaheira and Aerie would probably go for wisdom requirements instead, though. Charisma isn't the only thing that matters.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Viconia was supposed to romance half-orcs, but I think this was bugged in the official builds of the game.

I think the OP's idea is a good one, and the fact that some of this kind of thing was left-out due to bugs/oversights suggests it would be a good thing to fix/implement in BG2EE.
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    edited March 2013
    Rhaella said:

Viconia and Anomen should probably have charisma requirements. Jaheira and Aerie would probably go for wisdom requirements.

This is also very good idea.
  • DinoDinDinoDin Member Posts: 1,596
    Good post. But I suspect there will be romance options for all races with Dorn, Rasaad, Neera, plus some new NPCs which will be romanceable