Skip to content

Branwen is funny

It is funny playing with Branwen and she says she is happy to stand with such strong warriors as I chunk Gnolls haha.

Comments

• ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    In fairness, gnolls are pretty scary for most people.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Her war cry "By Valkyr's strapping buttocks!" always gives me a chuckle.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I also like when she takes a critical hit and says "It's... only... a flesh wound!" What a trooper!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2013
    Chow said:

In fairness, gnolls are pretty scary for most people.

Gnolls are a humanoid race that most closely resemble hyenas that dwell in the eastern parts of Faerûn and are known for their savage culture and warlike ways.

Gnolls are extremely tall, with the average member of the race standing on average between 7' and 7'6". Though gnolls are relatively lean for their height, weighing in usually between 280 to 320 lbs, the race cuts an impressive visage. In part because of their height and lean musculature, gnolls are very quick compared with many other races such as humans. Gnoll skin is a greenish-gray, and their furry hide is light or dark brown marked sometimes with spots or stripes. Many gnolls also have a dirty yellow to reddish-gray crest-like mane that stands on end when a gnoll is angry.

It is believed by some that gnolls have traces of demonic blood, which may be evidenced by unusual features found among some of the gnoll bloodlines. These may include talons, gleaming red eyes, or black fur with fiery orange spots.

NUFF SAID - Gnolls are crazy. Many a 1st level adventurer of mine has perished as a result of their D10 halberd damage.
    Post edited by HaHaCharade on
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    emjay said:

I was just thinking the other day that she's one character I'd like to see fleshed out a lot more. I mean there's the whole backstory with Tranzig that never really amounts to anything, plus the way that you get her in your party is pretty cool. And who doesn't love Nordic women.

She's not my first choice (that would be Shar-Teel), but Branwen is definitely high on the list of NPCs I wish had more backstory, i.e. WHY Tranzig made her a statue and why he chose this particular idea instead of simply killing her. This kind of punishment says it was more than a random encounter or a wrong place, wrong time situation.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199

emjay said:

I was just thinking the other day that she's one character I'd like to see fleshed out a lot more. I mean there's the whole backstory with Tranzig that never really amounts to anything, plus the way that you get her in your party is pretty cool. And who doesn't love Nordic women.

She's not my first choice (that would be Shar-Teel), but Branwen is definitely high on the list of NPCs I wish had more backstory, i.e. WHY Tranzig made her a statue and why he chose this particular idea instead of simply killing her. This kind of punishment says it was more than a random encounter or a wrong place, wrong time situation.
    Shar-Teel was just screaming for more plot, though. I mean she's
    the daughter of one of the main villains, and one of the four you fight in the final battle.

• SniiiimonSniiiimon Member Posts: 153
    edited March 2013
    Yeah Branwen is a rock-solid addition to your party.
    Post edited by Sniiiimon on
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I feel like Branwen is ignored because the other pure cleric in the game has the Drow cool factor, and if playing a good game most people have Jaheira already and don't need a second healer at the point they find her. She rocks though, I use her a lot. Then again I also use Dynaheir a lot and people complain about her all the time.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Sniiiimon said:

With a heart of stone.
    To be fair, Viconia has more than just the "cool" factor from being a drow; she also has magic resistance and insanely good dex. But she does overshadow Branwen, who is not a bad NPC at all. Unless I play a cleric as charname, it's Branwen in my party 8 out of 10 times. (1 would be Viconia, 1 Faldorn, according to my latest runs.)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I really had fun in my last run with Faldorn. I just wish she wasn't in the middle of nowhere.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    ajwz said:

Sniiiimon said:

With a heart of stone.
    You might even say she is the bedrock foundation of any good party.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

ajwz said:

Sniiiimon said:

With a heart of stone.
    She's a bit jaded, but at least she has all her marbles.
    Nifft said:

ajwz said:

Sniiiimon said:

With a heart of stone.
    Steadfast and reliable as a mountain.
    Chow said:

Nifft said:

ajwz said:

Sniiiimon said:

With a heart of stone.
    I'd be petrified of her turning against me if things got a bit rocky.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    ajwz said:

Chow said:

Nifft said:

ajwz said:

Sniiiimon said:

With a heart of stone.
    I'd be petrified of her turning against me if things got a bit rocky.
    She's not the sort to keep a chip on her shoulder, which cements her as a party member with concrete benefits.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    *headdesk*
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I wish there was a way to romance her. Then again, it might get a bit rocky.

The NPC mod adds the possibility, if you've got the stones for some potentially non-canon content.
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    edited March 2013
    rock jokes.... only in baldurs gate...or a geology class room. :D
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Me and Branwen made it once but she was stoned that night
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396

Sorry but Branwen only like it on Bedrock
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560

♪ "At first I was afraid, I was petrified..." ♫
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    The amount of infamy in this thread is so high I should have you all grounded...
  • DarrylsonDarrylson Member Posts: 87
    Chow said:

The NPC mod adds the possibility, if you've got the stones for some potentially non-canon content.
    Don't take that for granite, such mods can be buggy, and often have stat requirements to initiate the romance.
    The quality of these jokes is fast reaching rock bottom.
    ajwz said:

The quality of these jokes is fast reaching rock bottom.

We're all rather digging ourselves deeper here.
    Sorry to say, but some of these jokes are really from the stone age.