Skip to content

RR for BGEE

2»

Comments

• DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Aye, I do. 'Tis the one Google told me to use and who am I to question our overlords.
    I'll download it and read the readme there to see any differences, thanks!
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Okay, I seem to be having an issue with RR after installing the latest patch.

Firstly is that the new class descriptions do not display in the in-game record screen. They are fine at character creation, but in game your kit description will simply be the original one. I'm not entirely sure if this impacts the extra abilities RR implements or is just a visual tic, however.

The other one is related to the Assassin's backstab multiplier and I assume has something to do with how backstab.2da was externalised. In the old version, when I installed RR the backstab multiplier would automatically adjust even for previously-created assassins, but this no longer seems to work. (Thus a low-level assassin will be stuck at x2 not x3). Moreover they seem to be stuck with the NEW backstab level-ups, but since they were supposed to start at x3, this actually means they remain 1 multiplier behind where they should, and never actually reach x7 at all.

Starting a new assassin doesn't have this issue, however things like EE Keeping the kit on (or loading an Assassin created prior to the installation of the mod) no longer adjusts the multiplier.
    I'm just wondering why this might be.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Eudaemonium
    Which version of BGEE is this?
    The latest version. So 1.2. On Mac. :)
    I'll have a look tomorrow.
    Thank you! It worked fine pre-patch. I kind of assumed it was something to do with how the backstab multiplier has been externalised and the new UI screwing some things up a bit.
    edited November 2013

Firstly is that the new class descriptions do not display in the in-game record screen. They are fine at character creation, but in game your kit description will simply be the original one. I'm not entirely sure if this impacts the extra abilities RR implements or is just a visual tic, however.

It's a cosmetic issue. BGEE introduced another 2DA file.

The other one is related to the Assassin's backstab multiplier and I assume has something to do with how backstab.2da was externalised. In the old version, when I installed RR the backstab multiplier would automatically adjust even for previously-created assassins, but this no longer seems to work. (Thus a low-level assassin will be stuck at x2 not x3). Moreover they seem to be stuck with the NEW backstab level-ups, but since they were supposed to start at x3, this actually means they remain 1 multiplier behind where they should, and never actually reach x7 at all.

Starting a new assassin doesn't have this issue, however things like EE Keeping the kit on (or loading an Assassin created prior to the installation of the mod) no longer adjusts the multiplier.
    I'm just wondering why this might be.

I think you must be mistaken. The extra backstabs from RR have never worked this way. Stuff you get from CLAB files is not applied retroactively. Installing mods over a current game is and always has been an iffy affair.

Hmmm, That's interesting. Obviously I don't have any way to test now since the new patch overwrote the game, but I swear the backstab number retroactively adjusted before (the abiltiies were never granted, but the backstab always adjusted). I am probably just misremembering, though, if you are sure it never actually did this.

Oh well, thanks for looking into it :)
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    Wisp said:

It's a cosmetic issue. BGEE introduced another 2DA file.

Is there a workaround? I shamelessly admit that I sometimes need to remind myself the rule changes brought by RR while playing.
    ljbo said:

Is there a workaround? I shamelessly admit that I sometimes need to remind myself the rule changes brought by RR while playing.

Look up the number in the HELP column in kitlist.2da, edit the corresponding number in the DESCSTR column in clastext.2da to the same value.
  • EmmiEmmi Member Posts: 77
    When I try to download Rogue Rebalancing for BG:EE, it only says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" at the site. Am I doing something wrong here? Any tips would be highly appreciated!
    @Emmi
    If you tried to use the download links in the first post, they were out of date. I've updated the post with an up-to-date link (you want this one).
  • TownopolisTownopolis Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    I'm running into an issue where my Skald's song grants himself fear immunity, but does not protect other party members. All other bonuses are being applied correctly to the whole party, and the rest of the mod in general seems to be working; it's just the fear protection that isn't being applied as advertised.

I just installed the mod and started a new game, so I've only gone through...
    the Friendly Arm Inn assassin mage and running up to Ulgoth's Beard to check the store
    ...in terms of testing.

Is this a known issue? Is this an example of something that cannot be fixed in the current version of EE? Have I somehow installed the mod wrong?
    Post edited by Townopolis on
    It's a known issue. Initial testing suggested it was vanilla behaviour (i.e., the song of the vanilla Skald also behaves this way). I'm afraid I haven't looked at it since, but looking for a workaround is somewhere on my list.
  • JitterBugJitterBug Member Posts: 37
    edited July 2014
    WARNING
    Rogues Rebalanced v471 came up as a Trojan with my Anti Virus.

Shows it self as BROKEN for the windows vs in red highlight which I some how missed. So..you know watch for that.
  • ronaldoronaldo Member Posts: 263
    @JitterBug Ive had RR 4.71 on my computer since May. RR is an essential mod in my mind and it is perfectly safe. I have downloaded many other mods from Spellhold and I've never had a problem.

As @Wisp said false positives are not uncommon.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited July 2014
    Yep, it's clearly a false positive.

When in doubt, you can use VirusTotal to check what other Antivirus programs think of one particular file. In this case, here are the results.
  • JitterBugJitterBug Member Posts: 37
    ....and I have super anti spyware of course
  • skaterfezzskaterfezz Member Posts: 43
    Is this compatible with baldurs gate enhanced edition 2
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Is this compatible with baldurs gate enhanced edition 2

Yes :)