Skip to content

Jon Irenicus Level Spells

It occured to me while I was playing Baldurs Gate 2 as a sorcerer and I was near the end game. I had the robe of vecna, amulet of power, etc etc. At the height of my power but something felt wrong... missing. Then it hit me.

I have no idea how this would be implemented. Perhaps as a special reward for an insanely difficult arena side-quest and then a series of incredibly difficult enemies to oppose the new abilities you have but... I crave the power Jon Irenicus has. The fluid destruction that is wrought with every hand-gesture. Whatever level I'm at or whatever spells I have nothing seems to compare to it. He destroys everything in a glorious haze of magical power. Lightning comes from every corner of the screen, burnt pieces of people scatter as their souls ascend from where their bodies once were and its just plain erection inspiring.

Give me "Clone", give me "Rapture of the Father", give me the lot... and then give me something horribly overpowered to use them on that will likely cleave me in two should I make one wrong move. Just a suggestion.

Comments

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    He is but a gnat compared to Near Infinity's power.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    "Improved Alacrity".
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The only target that irenicus attacks that even leaves a corpse is one jailer mage in spellhold
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    Actualy Elmister is even more OP mage then Irenicus and also have some "special" spells.
    If you have romance with Jaheira in BG2 you can try challenge him but it is very hard fight.
    edited March 2013
    @Edvin
    You mean when he comes to give the Harper Pin to Jaheira?
  • EdvinEdvin Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,244
    @SpaceInavader
    Nope is it much harder.

You need to do few things:
    1) You must have romance with Jaheira
    2) You must have Ring of the Ram
    3) Then you must wait until Terminsel appear ( is it actualy Elminster in disguise )
    4) After he appear don´t give him chance to talk a shot him by Ring of the Ram
    5) The fight beginning !

He have few his own original spells, many HP, and he cast spell VERY fast ( 3 power words at the same time ). You will probably die in first few seconds. If you surrive his crazy magic and hurt him badly then he use his ultimate spell named according to himself. Only if beat you can know name that last and ultimate spell.

You can´t find this nowhere on internet. I am the one who discover this secret :D
    @Edvin I'm going to re-install the game to check this, even if it's unlikely I don't know a BG2 *.spl file...
    Have you seen the movie Taken? Well, if it's a joke, I WILL find you xD
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,196
    @SpaceInvader
    You can summon him with CLUAConsole as JATERMIN, also check JATERMIN.BCS to see his script
    @Pecca
    [Spoiler]Of course, doing the whole romance was out of question ;) [/spoiler]
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Yes. There should be a ultimate spell called "I Win". It ends the battle instantly and the opponent resigns in pitiful defeat after witnessing the awesomeness of your almighty.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    bbear said:

Yes. There should be a ultimate spell called "I Win". It ends the battle instantly and the opponent resigns in pitiful defeat after witnessing the awesomeness of your almighty.

Ctrl+y?
  • RaphielDrakeRaphielDrake Member Posts: 41
    edited March 2013
    Madhax said:

"Improved Alacrity".

bbear said:

Not exactly. You know the finger of death? Why not have a spell similar to that which causes a lesser creature to explode in a haze of gore that damages surrounding enemies? Its not so much a matter of overpowered spells... its more a matter of style. Irenicus' spells are undeniably more impressive to look at.
    I can destroy an entire army with multiple horrid wilting spells but it is nowhere near as satisfying as a chain of orbs exploding lesser creatures with screen shaking force.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    TJ_Hooker said:

bbear said:

Ctrl+y?
    No. Some creature are immune to Ctrl+y. Also, my version doesnt kill the target, it just turns him/her/it into a state of eternal hopelessness. This is sort of like imprisonment of the mind except no freedom.
    edited March 2013
    bbear said:

No. Some creature are immune to Ctrl+y. Also, my version doesnt kill the target, it just turns him/her/it into a state of eternal hopelessness. This is sort of like imprisonment of the mind except no freedom.

If it doesn't die with Ctrl+y it means it isn't meant to die.
    This happens for every creature important for the plot (ex: the Gatekeeper outside Candlekeep, Bodhi in the 1st encounter) or that you simply shouldn't be able to kill (ex: Terminsel, Cespener, Bhaal in Spellhold dream).
    Their "immortality" comes from an item that grants them 1hp at least (min1hp.itm and maybe another one).
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.