Skip to content

[Request] Arena that can be used for single-player or multi-player combat

2»

Comments

• AntonAnton Member, Moderator, Mobile Tester Posts: 513
    i think it was the Arena Deathmatch type, it was supposed to be in Throne of bhaal.
    This PvP mode could be really fun.
    IF Beamdog decides to use the leftover code, there will be no ladders nor rankings. I do not know if it was planned for DM to be pre-arranged matches, or random matchmaking though
    It there some place where we can read more details regarding this Arena that "was supposed to be"?
  • AN_ALPACA_WADAFUKAN_ALPACA_WADAFUK Member Posts: 29
    Use Infinity Explorer, I don't think anybody made a write-up on it
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    @sarevok57, well i haven't said much about how is should be, i'm sure the people in charge know better; the arena(PvP) should have a few restrictions; it's about sportsmanship.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i shappose sho :)
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    It's a good idea but unlimited access could expose an inherent dullness to it all, there has to be a finite amount of contenders. Perhaps make it so you need to reach end-game BG1 status to deal with the toughest competitors, giving you a reason to re-visit, or maybe higher contenders are level or chapter-locked.

• irenicusirenicus Member Posts: 2
    I)
    add the option to conjure enemies (e.g. melissan, firkraag, kangaxx, ...) after you have defeated them in the storyline ...
    i always wanted to fight firkraag the red dragon again or Kangaxx ... to see whether at some point i can defeat them without gimickie tricks or whether i can defeat them as a group ...

It would be a nice experience to either see that you have become way stronger or to have a really hard challenge...

II)
    different stages would be nice too
  • Zymran86Zymran86 Member Posts: 137
    edited July 2012
    throw in multiplayer Coop mode in that arena aswell.
  • karpaszkarpasz Member Posts: 74
    No.
  • RavelRavel Member Posts: 140
    I think it's a neat idea, but I doubt they'd have time to do a proper version of it and still ship on-time. It'd probably be better suited to the post-ship feature thread.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    This is an idea that does intrigue me, but they'd have to be careful to do it correctly.
    @Tanthalas there are three other discussions pretty much identical to this one, I'm listing them in order from oldest to most recent:
    Deathmatch
    [Request] Arena Location
    [Request(or not)]Multiplayer(PvP) Arena
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Thanks @jaysl659

After I rest (*sigh*) I shall again use my merging powers.
  • dandydandy Member Posts: 35
    I would love to see this implemented, since I already do this sort of thing with the console
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    edited July 2012
    Merged a bunch of similar topics. Slightly changing the title too.
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599

If there was PvP, would 3v3 be good enough? Supporting PvP is one thing, but supporting 6 players on each side is entirely something else(lots of hard coded assumptions of there only being 6 characters throughout the code)

@ScottBrooks I don't think that 3v3 would be too limited. Also, although I'm sure that a lot of people would prefer 6v6, I'm pretty confident that if 3v3 was the only pvp option available that it would be good enough for most (better than nothing).
  • Leaf_EaterLeaf_Eater Member Posts: 71
    I am a fan of pvp in nearly every game, but certain issues arrive with spells like timestop and the ever OP spike trap.
    I love competition in any form but like most D@D games, theres no way to balance classes.
    I dont think anyone with 25 con would survive a pile of spike traps in the late game.
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    if it was going to be in throne of Bhaal then it must have been a good idea.

I would love to see Beamdog commenting on this.

Please Beamdog, I beg you, confirm sonething!
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    @GueulEclator You mean the PvP bit or the arena bit? Because we did announce The Black Pits http://www.baldursgate.com/blackpits.en.html
  • GueulEclatorGueulEclator Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2012
    @Coriander
    I meant the PVP bit. The Black Pits are amazing, and I believe they would be even more amazing if some more consistent multiplayer was added to it (not just Coop)