Skip to content

If Container is Empty - One Color, If Container Has an Item in It - Another Color

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited March 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I was thinking today - It can be a pain when you're in an area with a ton of containers (Chests and Barrels in Beregost, Barrels around the lakes in Peldvale, etc.) and you have to try and remember what you've looted and what you haven't. Then I had a thought...

Right now when you hover your pointer over a container, it glows blue. What if when you hovered over a container that was empty, it would glow one color, and when you hovered over one with an item in it, it would be a different color. For example, keep blue since people are used to it, when a container has something in it. But change it to green or red or something else when items are removed.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    Like it! I never remember which ones I've peeked in or not.. lol
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Nice idea!
  • WolfheartWolfheart Member Posts: 170
    Red and green? Think of the colorblind! Red for trapped, yellow for locked!
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Jalily said:

A few modifications I would suggest:

1. Instead of changing the color when items are removed, change it when the container is both open (as in, you've opened it before) and empty. This is because many containers start out empty.
    2. Show the new color when you press tab instead of having to hover over each container.
    3. Make the new color neither green (locked) nor red (trapped), but gray or something similarly uninteresting. :P

Idea improver! Lol :P
    Jalily said:

2. Show the new color when you press tab instead of having to hover over each container.

Yeah. iPad users don't have hover, but we do have tab.
    Wolfheart said:

Red and green? Think of the colorblind! Red for trapped, yellow for locked!

Ooo, good point about color-blindness.

Striped, maybe? Some other half-tone pattern for the highlight in the other cases?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    If something like this was implemented I'd rather it was an explored/unexplored indication instead of a full/empty indication. Your character has no way to know if there is something inside a container but he would certainly remember which ones he opened even if the player doesn't.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I prefer "opened and empty" because sometimes you'll open a container and not have enough room to grab everything. When you come back, you'll want the "interesting" color so you don't have to remember which opened containers still have stuff in them.
    Jalily said:

I prefer "opened and empty" because sometimes you'll open a container and not have enough room to grab everything. When you come back, you'll want the "interesting" color so you don't have to remember which opened containers still have stuff in them.

Yep, and for those containers where you stash stuff.

It's easier for me to remember which MAP I've stashed stuff on than to remember which CONTAINER has my stuff.

So, having a non-empty container indicator would be helpful, even after I'm pretty sure I've explored all the containers.