Skip to content

Game Audio Working Incorrectly After Quick Load

drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253
edited June 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
If I press L to quick re-load in a fight it mutes the sounds of weapons and spells so all you can hear is the music.

This happened several times and the only quick fix was to re-load from the actual menu.
Post edited by Aedan on

Comments

• tkelloggtkellogg Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2012
    After performing a quick load in some areas, the ambient sounds and music do not play. Entering a different area will restore the ambient sounds/music.

Example: After performing a quick load for a game that loads the Candlekeep courtyard, the crowd murmuring (day) or crickets (night) sfx will not play. As a contrast, the bug does not occur when quick loading a game in the Candlekeep Inn.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • Ramen_EaterRamen_Eater Member Posts: 3
    I've noticed that when I do a quickload I lose all sounds except music and party member voices.
    Reloading again through the non-quick way fixes this though.
    (Running BG on a mac.)
  • ZenryoZenryo Member Posts: 9
    I have the same issue.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Sometimes after a quick load, some of the game's audio ceases to work (as in it's silent). This includes footsteps, combat sound effects, and usually environmental sound effects as well. It does not affect music or character voices.

This typically (but not always) happens when I quick load in the same area where I previously quick saved.

When it happens, opening any game menu and closing it solves the audio issue.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Merged. And reported.
  • The same here.
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    Never knew there was a quick load, so thanks for that!
  • BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    Bump. I'm just wondering if this bug is registered. :)
  • alnairalnair Member Posts: 561
    @Basillicum It is (#4797), and The Patch should fix it :)