Skip to content

Missing Attack Animation (Human Sorcerer with Spear-Staff)

WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
edited March 2013 in Original BG2 Bugs
Current Behavior: When I attack from "in front of" a target, my character (a human sorcerer, with the robes of the good archmagi) disappears, showing only a levitating spear attacking. This does not happen with other weapons or other characters of different body types.

Expected Behavior: Animation is displayed properly.
Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    OBSERVED BEHAVIOR: For some obscure reason, if and only if Edwin is specifically wearing a Robe of the Evil Archmagi, his sprite will briefly disappear every time he executes the forward thrust animation with a quarterstaff. I could not however make this happen with my own human male mage wearing the same equipment.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Edwin doesn't phase out during forward thrusts with a quarterstaff while wearing a Robe of the Evil Archmagi.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Yeah, believe or not, this is a genuine BG2 bug. We couldn't restore the resource because it was never made.
    It is happening only with certain facing directions.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    That actually sounds kind of cool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    1.png 1.7M
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Isn't this because the "mage" paperdoll has no attack animation for spears, since mages can't use spears?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

Isn't this because the "mage" paperdoll has no attack animation for spears, since mages can't use spears?

I think that spears use the same animations as staves. The only difference is that spears always use the thrust animation, while staves only use it some of the time.
    edited March 2013
    @Luigirules what about fighter->mage dual class?
    Or multi class...
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Fighter/mages use the "fighter" paperdoll.

That's why they never look right when they wear mage robes.
    Wouldn't this one be somewhat hard to fix with the loss of the source art?
  • YovanethYovaneth Member Posts: 691
    No - just a long drawn-out ballsache for someone to make new animations. And no - I'm not volunteering! :)
  • WakukeeWakukee Member Posts: 106
    The thing is, I never saw this bug before the lastest patch. I used the spear for weeks without ever running into the problem, since I usually am casting spells!