Skip to content

Identifying items

As I haven't been able to recruit anyone with magic powers (see previous post), I have to pay to get things identified. However, a range of items, mostly rings, cannot be identified by anyone I've met so far. Is this yet another bug? If not, what am I supposed to do in order to ID them?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Have you tried asking the priest in a temple to identify those items? Temples can identify some things which shopkeepers can't.
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    Right, it's not a bug. Some merchants can identify exotic items and some can't.

A tip: pass the item around to your party members. See if one of them knows what the item is. Their lore abilities vary, and generally get better as they level up.
  • KairosKairos Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the tips, I'll try both!
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Also try the Nashkel fair. The tent merchants charge less to ID stuff but can only do the things they peddle in (trinkets man does jewelry and stuff, armor guy does armor, etc.).
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you have a mage in your party you can also have them memorize "Identify" (if it's in their spellbook), and they'll be able to identify items on a one-item-per-spell basis.