Skip to content

dialog.tlk file not working right anymore.

alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
So I had it copied in two places (the lang folder and the 00766 folder) then I went to install a mod and it didn't work. So I copied the 00766 .tlk file to the lang folder and replaced the old one. Now The mod works, but custom sounds have strange quotes appearing in the chat window and Baeloth is completely wonky.

Hopefully all I need is a squeaky clean .tlk file. How do I get it without downloading the entire game again? (My internet sucks: 1.53 Mbps down and .52 up *supersadface*)

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Just delete your dialog.tlk and update--it should only download dialog.tlk, IIRC.
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    That did not work. Not from the BeamDog client anyway. I also tried uninstalling the mod and moving the un-modded .tlk file but that did not work either. :(
    Did you try restarting the Beamdog client?
    Yes, and restarting my computer as well. I also tried deleting other important looking files to see if Beamdog will register them. But that has not worked either.
  • RequiemRequiem Member Posts: 187
    You can click repair install at the the bottom right of the beamdog launcher (looks like a map marker)
    I just tried to restart Beamdog and now it wont open. It says the "program has stopped working". I don't know what I did. My anti-virus is up to date, I swear.
    Unfortunately I'm not sure what else you can do apart from reinstalling; it sounds like your Beamdog client might be weird if it's not updating and now not evening starting.

Basically, you probably shouldn't install/uninstall/reinstall mods during a playthrough, as it can cause all sorts of string issues like the ones you encountered. Just something to keep in mind for the future. :)
    That's what I did. Thanks for the help anyways. :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Another way to force the repair function to work is deleting the .beam and .status files inside program files/beamdog/games.
    That's what I was trying. But probably deleted another file that I shouldn't have and made everything die on me. I have it re-downloaded and installed and now I'm not going to mod or mess with it until everything is out of Beta and I know what I'm doing :) *sigh*